I was given 2 beautiful and simple baby parties last month. All of my sister in-laws were in town plus my niece and my aunt and we decided to go out to eat some yummy food, chat, laugh, open a few gifts, and have some frozen yogurt. That is seriously my kind of party. It was so much fun to hang out with the girls.
One of my favorite young women at church wanted to throw me a baby shower. She was a wonderful host and seriously has a future in party planning. I've known her since she was super little. Before I moved out at 19, I was in Primary with her mom. Anyway, I was her young women leader for the past 2 years and we have grown very close. Anyway, I wish we would have taken pics when everyone was there, but I was having too much fun.
That's Natalie in the back. She's probably 4.
3 days before his birthday this little man finally got his cast off. He was very nervous wondering how they were going to do it. He was genuinely very concerned that they were in fact going to cut his arm off on accident in the process. Poor thing. That's scary. The tech assured him that he'd be fine but he had his doubts.
Cast on
Cast off
Later that evening.
It took him a few days to get it loose enough to use again. We spent the whole next day swimming. We are happy that he is healed and in tip top shape.
Leah also completed her very first preschool. It was a summer program taught by one of my Sister in-law's friends. She teaches out of her house. Leah had a great summer there. Don't let the picture fool you, it was a super hot day and no one was feeling posey but she did make friends and enjoyed having the chance to play with other girls her age.


Andrew also started school last week. 1st grade. So hard to believe. In the 1st three days of school he has already requested curb drop-off and pick up (rather than parking and meeting him at his class) So independent. I'm very proud of him. Looks like he is really enjoying his teacher and classmates. This year we are implementing a few new plans to keep us moving in the morning. He makes his lunch the night before. He has learned to make oatmeal by himself. And if he finishes his morning check list he gets free time which for some reason is incredibly motivating for him.



No comments:
Post a Comment