8.19.2011

Awake.....again!!

Darn it, this is night 2 that I've woken up somewhere around 4 am and can't go back to sleep. I initially wake up because I need to use the bathroom, then if I'm not quick enough my brain will turn on.....DANGER!! Once I start thinking and going through conversations I've had or wish I could have, my stomach turns on. Ultimately I give in, get up, grab a yogurt or something, and read blogs or meal plan.

Pros of this situation:
I feel well reflected from all the thinking I've been doing.
I am prepared for those early morning feedings I will be having in a matter of days.
My meals are planned
I can hear the coyotes behind our house....thought they were partying teenagers when I first heard them :)
I don't need to fix myself much to eat before I take the kids to school in a few hours.
At least its only yogurt that I'm eating. When I was pregnant with Andrew I ate peanut butter and jelly bagels a lot in the middle of the night. What is that, like 4,000 calories?
I remember doing this same wake up thing when pregnant with Leah, I remember wishing people would update their blogs more frequently for my entertainment :)

Hopefully writing this didn't just turn my brain on more..... I'm hoping that it is more like draining a tub. All the water out with a few big floaty toys left to deal with for another time.

1 comment:

The Losee's said...

So close but not that it will help you get more sleep. Make sure and keep me updated!