It's funny how a great moments with my kids' grandma (my mom) makes me miss my own Grams.
When I miss my Grams I usually try to do something that she would do with me.
Last week I showed the kids how to roll their coins from their piggy banks. I did that every time I went to visit her.
I also tend to fill my hummingbird feeder when I miss her. She loved her hummingbirds. I swear her yard fed millions of them.
I tried to learn to knit....I suck at it. But I was trying cause I knew my grams could do it. Next I'll try crocheting.
She taught me how to make scrunchies when I was 12 or so and she could really sew anything, so I like to feel close to her by pretending to sew stuff.
I got out my sewing machine and made some bibs for the kids so they could stop fighting over the same one each time. Yes I know they are too big for bibs but they only really use them on Sundays or nice clothing days that we just don't have time to change.
I also made the new babus a diaper and wipes holder thing.
I tried to make Leah a simple little nightgown, no pattern (can't follow them anyway) and she said it wasn't very soft. Boo! Whatever :)
If my Grams were still here, I would beg her to make me a Lap Desk and a baby boy beanie.
I won't even attempt these projects on my own but I really love them.
Ho Hum....come back Grams.
P.S. This baby that is coming in 7 days has NO name. So sad. I was pretty stuck on a name for the last few months. I thought the whole family was too.....I was wrong. Now I am on the hunt for a name that sounds just right for this little one. Any ideas??
No comments:
Post a Comment