9.26.2010

A New Job


Funny how things just happen. I have been volunteering in Andrew's Kindergarten class for the last few weeks. His teacher asked me if I would do a Spanish lesson each week for the 40 kindergartners. Of course I did it and I was really excited to get back into teaching. It's been 5 years since I've had my own classroom and there will always be a piece of me that misses it.
My 2nd week of volunteering, I got asked if I would do an evaluation for an ESL boy. By the end of last week I got a call from Andrew's teacher. She wanted to know if I wanted a job. After a chat with her and the principal. I guess I have a job :)

I will be doing intervention for the ESL kids they have in the kindergarten. I will be a working a whopping 90 minutes each week. It's really a fun opportunity to do something I'm passionate about. Really it's right up my alley and it's the perfect amount of hours :) It should be fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds absolutely perfect! What a great way to stay involved with teaching and education without having to spend ALL OF YOUR TIME doing lesson plans, meeting with parents, grading papers....etc. So cool and you will do a fabulous job.