9.22.2010

A Wonderful Birthday

I was especially spoiled this year for my birthday. It lasted the entire weekend.

Friday:
After we droppped Andrew at school and Leah at my mom's, Jason and I enjoyed a beautiful motorcycle ride out to Georgetown. We found this super cute breakfast place with two tables and the best food ever. I love my kids, but it is so nice to get through more than one sentence without an interruption from them.

In the afternoon, my Mom came and picked me up and we shared a Yucatan Salad from Dos Coyotes. MMmmm! More fun conversation and a tiny trip to Ross just for fun. I found myself a new pair of brown Reefs. I love all shoes, but my Reefs are the only ones I actually wear.

When I got home from lunch, J and the kids surprised me with this gorgeous cake :) After everyone had a piece, he confessed that 1/2 of it fell on the floor. Of course not the same 1/2 that he served us.


Friday night I went to Crush 29 with J and his dad and an old friend of theirs that was in town. It was fun and really delicious.

Saturday:
Andrew's soccer game came first. He was so lucky to have nearly his whole family there, but not so lucky to have been beaten 8-0.


We had a little family bbq at our house. Jason smoked a bunch of tri tips rubbed in rosemary and garlic. So delicious!!
And yes, I had a stomach ache by now, seeing as how all I had done up to this point was eat :)


We polished off the birthday celebrations on Sunday with a bbq with j's siblings and families. Of course, more eating :)

So thankful to be close to family for my birthday. Love them. We really missed those that are far away :(

4 comments:

Brooke Shreeve said...

Happy B-day... You deserve the best!!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday. You deserve it friend.

jaclyn said...

sounds delicious!

Sarah said...

Sooo lucky! Happy Birthday! Love crush 29.