9.06.2009

Worth a Laugh: The Power of Clarification

So at church today I was talking to the mom of one of my Sunday School students. I teach a combined class of kids 12-14. She asked me if Jason was my 4th husband. She proceeded to explain that her daughter swears having heard me say that in class. Oh man, did I laugh. She was so worried about prying or offending me as this could have been a possible scenario. I would of had to really go through them quick. I corrected her and explained that when we were talking about challenges and trials in life I had told the kids that I had been through a few divorces in my lifetime. It made sense to me then. I knew what I was referring to. It also made sense to them but in a totally different way. I guess I should have not assumed that they would gather that I was speaking of my childhood.

No comments: