So I live my days fairly flexible. I do what I need to and sometimes replace it with things I want to do. But everyday, without fail, Leah naps for 2-2 1/2 hrs. During that time Drew plays quietly, and I do stuff on my "mental list." It doesn't matter what's on it, it could be cleaning, it could be laundry, it could be a well needed nap. It only matters that I get that bit of time. When its over, I'm rejuvenated and have enough saved up patience to make it through dinner to bedtime.
There are a few things that mess with my "time". One of which is Jason. Sometimes he likes to invade my mental list and put stuff there. But I don't mind him cramping my style once in a while, hanging out with him is worth it.
The other is car napping. Today we went to our weekly lunch at Fudd's with the whole fam. Usually I'll leave Lu with my Mom so she can still sleep but it didn't work out today and we brought her to lunch. I knew her nap would be a bit delayed, so I raced home hoping to get here on time, but to my dismay the traffic wouldn't cooperate and I was left with a car napper. Grrrrrrr!!! I got home tried to put her back to bed, she was quiet for maybe 25 minutes. Darn Car Naps, you are cramping my style!
So without sufficient down time, I feel a bit...........off!
Bummer!
At least she goes to bed at 6:30pm.
2 comments:
I hate the dang car nap. Nothing makes me angrier:(
Hey! So Marcy and Jaime told us you had a blog and I had checked it a couple times before you guys moved out here and then forgot. Just recently saw it on their blog and thought I would stop by. Just wanted to say, boy can I relate to the whole, mental time. I think we as SAHMs need that so much!
Post a Comment