So I'm feeling quite down because it looks like Leah will need surgery on her eye. Not the eye with the Hemangioma....the other eye.
At her last well check exam I asked the doctor about a lump on her eye. He knew right away that it was a cyst. Most likely a benign cyst that just needs to be removed. We went to see an ENT specialist who confirmed that it is indeed what the pediatrician thought it was. So now an MRI.
This is the part where it is a blessing and a curse to be married to someone in the medical field. He knows a lot about what will take place, so he can explain in detail.
Sounds simple and really it is... but I m really struggling to feel okay/settled/comfortable with it all.
She will have her MRI next week where she will most likely need to be intubated and be given anesthesia as she is too young to sit perfectly still for the scan.
The scan will show the doctor exactly what is happening under there and assuming it is exactly what he predicted, she'll have surgery to remove it.
I feel so uneasy. This could be simple and straight forward (all the while still be the scariest thing ever) I hate to even entertain the idea of anything else. But I would appreciate your prayers, positive thoughts, and fingers crossed that all goes well.
If any of you have had your children go through some type of surgery, please offer your advice. I could really use the peace of mind.
It's times like these that I really miss having friends nearby.
8 comments:
I'll definitely be praying for her...and you. It's in a mother's nature to be paranoid and protective and worried over our kids when things go wrong. Good luck.
I was really nervous before Max had his lip repair too, even though I'm a nurse and understood it all. The best thing that I did was have Jared give both Max and I blessings before surgery. It was only then that I found peace about it all.
Keep us posted. You're definitely in our prayers!
Tessa had an MRI when she was little. They didn't have to intubate her, just an oral sedation. It was scary, but not as bad as I thought. As for the surgery, that never gets easier! For me, I always just prayed for my heart to feel calm no matter what was happening so that I could logically handle it all! I will pray for you and Lea though as I know the stress this causes the poor mom!!
Hang in there friend. She is tough and will be okay. My thoughts will be with you guys.
Hey Stace - it's SO hard to see your children endure these things. Tree had stupid plugs put in his ear twice when he was 9 months and 18 months and each time they had to put him under to do it. It was sooo scary and I don't think you can feel super great about it when you are a mom. The hardest part for me was when he came out of being under he was uncontrollably crying and I couldn't calm him so I held him and cried too. He wasn't that way the 2nd time and I don't know how common that is, but it broke my heart. The other horrible thing that happened was with Sam when she had a lumbar puncture at 9 days old and they told me I would want to leave and not watch it and kicked me out. I knew what was happening, I could hear her crying, it was horrible. Will never forget that. Mother's have it hard but we are strong and we get through it! I agree with getting a blessing for you and her the night before and know that many people will be praying for you guys.
Miss you... she'll do amazing... and so will you!
I'm so sorry Stacy! It's hard as a parent to watch our children go through something...and be the one who is facilitating it. When I was in the hospital with Henry at 3 weeks old there was a lot of prayer and faith. Lots and lots of prayer and faith. Heavenly Father is in charge and He loves you!
oh man...poor little lu! I am sure everything will be okay. You can be a tough momma for her. Prayers from us!
Post a Comment