2.24.2009

Happy 1st Birthday Leah



Well, I can breathe now that Leah's 1st b-day party is said and done. I am no Amy N. or Jacyln M. but I did try to do a little something special for Lu on her birthday. After going out and seeing what it cost to buy various party items I decided with the help of my "part planners" (aka m&j) it would be fun to make them myself.

So not being a baker, I baked the cake. No it's not smooshing, it's suppose to look like that. And no, I did not have a piece. Actually Leah didn't either, she had one bite of a cupcake and was over it.

Not being artistic, I made the pinata. No it's not a bazooka like Jay thought. It's an ice cream cone with a cherry on top.

I think that was a favorite for everyone. The thrill of the race to get the candy and the rush of potentially getting your head busted by the 20 ft. stick Jason had for the kids to hit it with. The anticipation I had to see how many hits it would take to get to the center of the tootsie pop...er...the pinata.

We had a fun day with both sides of our family. What a treat it was to have most everyone there.
I was so pleased with the turn out. Especially Leah's special movie that I made her. I barely finished it after working on it all week. For each milestone birthday or couple of years, I put together all the video moments and favorite pictures of my kids. I put our thoughts and special music on them. It's a feel good way to have a year in review.

I had the help of some great S.I.Ls to get the party prepared and would have never pulled it off without them. Also my B.I.L took some great pics. Thanks JM for the gift that inspired our "punky brewster-esk" birthday outfit. So much fun!!

8 comments:

Erin H said...

Looks like fun. I'm impressed with the cake - very creative!

Marie said...

Poor Walter will be getting a cake and a song and a garage sale toy....but I don't think he'll ever remember it...thankfully. :)

Cute party outfit and cake!

Unknown said...

I can't believe she is already one! The party looked and sounded like a hit! Your cake was impressive.

Sara said...

She's definitely not the chubby little baby I remember from when you left here! When are you having another one? Haha! Whenever my kids hit one, that's when the questions about having more started. I thought people asking that were insane.

The Losee's said...

How do you make a pinata? She looks so cute in her tutu. Wish I could have been there.
ps. whats with all the appreviations? You trying to protect identities?

Eileen said...

Oh so sweet thank you so much for sharing. She looks so adorable :) The cake looks amazing..the best part was the love put into it...Frankie turned 15 on the 16th and he also made his own cake I will have to send you a picture of it.

Tiffany & Co. said...

Too cute! Leah's cake is adorable and I love her outfit for the day, especially the tutu. What a sweetie! Happy 1st to her!

Jeni said...

What a cutie! Such a cute 1st b-day outfit too! And I'm super impressed that you did all that for Leah's b-day, but you were a school teacher so you can pretty much create anything!