A fun weekend was had by me and the little ones. I met my mom for lunch at Dos Coyotes. Delicious!!!! She took Andrew to her house for the night. Fun for me. Since Leah goes to be at 6pm, I thought it would be fun to get a chance to hang with Jas. He came home from work by 8, ate his dinner and was snoring away by about 9:30. So maybe that wasn't the fun part. Saturday morning I spent in my bed reading. Ahhhhh! My mom brought Andrew back and my Sis and Jamie came over to watch Mama Mia (my 6th time) and paint nails.
Now Andrew is a pretty sporty kid, he likes to wrestle and run. But for some reason, maybe just to torture his dad, he likes to paint his nails. He always begs to get at least one nail painted when I do mine. He sat and watched all of us girls paint, but I tried to divert his attention to other things. Anyway, 4 hours later while I was putting Leah to bed. I found Andrew in the other room......you guessed it, painting his nails.
What do you do? I had so many thoughts running through my head;
One one hand; It really was funny and I knew I shouldn't laugh, but it was hard not to smile while I was explaining why we can't take other people's things.
On another hand; I was impressed that he actually got it on his nails: good fine motor skills right?
Ultimately, he did take Mommy's polish and did spill some so he had a time out. Drew can be a little sneaky at times and so we encourage him to ask before he takes candy or our things. Most of the time we allow him to have them when he asks first.
To make matters worse, I couldn't get it off him before Jay got home because I had just run out of remover.

6 comments:
thats funny. Wheres the picture? sorry about your video but I couldn't resist.
That's hilarious. Is that a real picture of his painted toes?
Your Friday night sounds just as exciting as my Friday night with Mike. We were both asleep by 10:00 p.m. So pathetic.
I also want to know what were you reading Saturday morning. Please share.
I'd be laughing too about it all. It's kinda cute though. He just wants to be like his mommy.
What's with the peanuts between the toes? I guess that's a good idea!?
I think it's great - although Jake probably wouldn't think so. Although he did at one time let me paint his.....um.
That's hilarious. I like it. Jared would die if I painted Max's. Hmmm...might have to add it to the to do list. ;)
let him paint the nails, it's cute!
don't you love living by family for overnighters and lunch dates and such!
we were across the street from your old stomping grounds the other day... i think i told ya, our good friends from our ward bought the house across from yours...so we thought of you! she says the EXACT same thing about the ward as you did............ interesting.....
Post a Comment