11.13.2008

Such a Hypocrite

I'm not really one to make the annoying Christmas season of forced gift giving and fake holiday cheer last too long. I don't like listening to Christmas music before December and I don't like going to get Halloween candy before Halloween and not being able to find it because the aisles are filled with lights and ornaments. Don't get me wrong, I believe in the Christmas spirit and do enjoy a little Christmas music now and again, but all in stride and all in the month of December.

So Jas and I had been wondering what to get Andy for Christmas. We only wanted to get him one present (yes we are Scrooges, Leah's not getting a thing). It's all just needless spending anyway. So anyhow, we decided to research bikes. We needed Andrew to test every bike to see which he would like the best. To be honest, we didn't even know if he would like a bike, since he had been asking to have a skateboard or a scooter. So we did our thorough research while Jay was off work to help out. We enjoyed watching how much fun he was having with each bike. He did really well and we wouldn't wait for him to join us for a bike ride. So being the excited parents we are, we bought the bike with Drew there and waited all of about 2 hours to break down and give it to him. We are so weak!! We were just too dang excited to wait a whole 6 weeks or so to give it to him. Just think of all that bike riding he would miss between now and then. We also justified how we would video tape him as we gave it to him and really, Christmas can be any day right??
Well, it made perfect sense to us so we did it. Leah was kind enough to nap while we rode our bikes in the street. So much fun!!!


8 comments:

Erin H said...

What a very 'Scrouges' thing to do :)

Enjoy the bike, I wish Isaac's legs would grow a little more to reach the pedals.

Jeni said...

I agree! And I like that you are only getting Andrew 1 thing, it just ends up becoming useless junk in the end.

I think you're totally justified, Christmas is like anyday now, isn't it?

Brooke Shreeve said...

We do the same thing when it comes to holding in secrets. You can always go shop again when he's not there and get him something else. How funny!!

The Zick's said...

Way cute in the basket!!! Love the helmet. Where did ya get that???

Aleesha said...

So just as a side note to your Christmas post, have you lost some weight? You look good girl!

Tiffany & Co. said...

Nice! How could you not let him ride it immediately after seeing how excited he is in the shopping basket? Too funny.

Unknown said...

Very cool bike. I'm so jealous you can all go as a family. That looks like so much fun.

Nicole said...

Don't feel bad. Ben has done that several times even with my gifts. He just gets way too excited. Missed you when we went to twilight. We went to Sonora Grill and it made me think of you. i know how you love your Mexican food. I can't remember if it was here or not before you moved.