11.26.2008

Finally

After going for what seemed like forever with out something interesting to blog about, I have finally arrived....with something fun to share. My sis in law Kristen got tickets to go see Pirates of Penzance put on by the Sacramento Opera. Much to my excitement she had 2 extra seats and much to everyone elses' dismay, they already had plans. See, there are benefits to living in a new place with no friends yet. I jumped at the chance to go and even got to invite my mom. Since moving here, even though I see her all the time, I haven't really had much time to chat and be with my Mom with out nearly all attention and conversation focusing on the little ones, so it was nice to be together and just enjoy ourselves.
Anyway, we had a great time and had amazing seats. This is what we felt like....


The actual pictures that we took aren't the best but our photographer was a bit challenged and we just had my phone to take them with.

Sorry Kris that your head is cut in half. You'll have to talk to Mike about that one.

Sorry Mom, but this was the best picture of the stage.

It was great to get out for the night. Thanks Kristy!

3 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

That sounds so enjoyable! I love the opera. So amazing! Nice to get to go out with your mom with undivided attention too! Glad you are having fun!

Unknown said...

So glad you had such a good time. I have been waiting for an update. PS I love your hair.

Running a turkey trot tomorrow that benefits your friend's son who has leukemia! Looks like a lot of people have registered for the race!

Erin H said...

Sounds like a great time; going to the opera sounds like fun.