1. I wasn't freezing in Utah. It's a good 20 degrees warmer here.
2. My whole family wasn't sleeping on air mattresses at my house.
3. I didn't have to cook. Hip, hip, Hooray!!
4. I spent the morning running a 10k to feed the hungry at Sac State.
5. We had a totally mellow afternoon at my mom's
6. Our Turkey meal was delish!!!
7. My kids were pretty well behaved for 85% of the day.
All firsts, all fabulous!!!!

A note about my very 1st 10k.
It was amazing. I definitely could have trained better and I really need to buy a new pair of running shoes. Thank you "Runner's Knee" for bringing those things to my attention. I felt great throughout and really enjoyed the experience. It's so nice to be able to torture myself like that knowing that it's for a great cause. There were 27,000 people at this race which was both inspiring and claustrophobic. My Sis and Jaime pushed my kids in the 5k which allowed me to run and my hubby to play football. So thankful for them!!
6 comments:
A 10k?? Way to go! One day I might be able to jump to such high distances!
i know, i know, i will send the pics soon. I need a reminder text here and there. i will try tomorrow morning.
~jaime
Look at you Miss Fitness, that's awesome. I've always wanted to do something great like that... You're my new role model!
I am so happy you are here in California and that you aren't freezing your tush off! It's great to know that I CAN visit you after a short trip in the car.
And faboo that you didn't have to cook Thanksgiving. We actually had TONS of gravy left... how did that happen?
PS You look great in spandex :)
Good job!!!
Way to go on the 10k! I'm so impressed with all the progress you are making in your running. You're awesome!
Congratulations on the run! I have been on again and off again on my exercise. I really need to start up again!
Post a Comment