11.09.2008

A Fun Filled Few Days

So I took a quick fun filled trip to Utah this weekend. I tried to pack in as much as possible in the 2 days I was there. I wish I would have taken pictures of everything I did, but I was just having too much fun to even think about it. Leah and I saw so many fun friends. We checked on our beautiful unsold house (arggg!!), saw my great friend Amy's new baby (Sooo cute!!) Changed my identity with brown hair, and hung out with my sis in-law.
But the main reason of my trip was to participate in the 5k for Austin. It was soo amazing!! There were many people there to support the family and it was really quite emotional. Lu was such a trooper as I bundled her up and shoved her in the stroller. She fell asleep during the run. Probably cause of how bored she was since it took me forever :)

I was also so super lucky to be able to see my favorite friend Morgarita. What an amazing lady she is. If only I was as incredible as she is. Maybe the time we spent together, some of it rubbed off :)


So crazy to go back there and feel like I hadn't even left. I have to admit I was a little homesick. Leah and I did so many wonderful things and I was so glad to pack in as much as we did. We made it back and forth thanks to Deidre and her connections.

7 comments:

The Griffins said...

Your hair is ROCKIN!!!! I'm lovin' it!! So cute! Glad you made it back safe and sound. Did you get to see Austin at all? Did they raise a good amount of money? Did you get to Cafe Rio three to four times? :] If they served breakfast, I'd have probably been there.

Unknown said...

Glad I got to see you in your jam packed weekend. Your hair looks great! I like the dark hair. Way to go on your run, I'm so impressed.

Marcy and Jaime said...

I love the hair!! Gorgeous!! Glad you are back!!

Brooke Shreeve said...

Love the hair. I also went a little dark. It looks really good on you. It was good seeing you.

Michelle said...

It was so fun seeing you guys! You gotta come back again soon... I want Pistol Petes!! Also, your hair looks awesome! But you gotta post more pics of it!

Anonymous said...

Love your hair!!! Glad you had a fun safe trip!

Erin H said...

Nice hair - I like it. I hope you enjoyed the visit and that you didn't get too homesick! :)