9.16.2008

29 & Feelin' Fine

I turn 29 tomorrow and when I was younger we tried to have birthday weeks. This idea sort of went by the wayside after becoming a mom. But this year, as I am so close to family, I think I may revisit the whole birthday week concept. And you'll hear no complaints from me.



So Birthday Week Part 1: Yesterday Jason took me to Apple Heaven, aka Apple Hill. Besides the beautiful scenery, cute animals, and some fun crafts, the apple treats are amazing. I am not usually a donut fan, but they make these amazing fresh Apple Crumb donuts that are delish. They have everything from caramel apples with fudge and nuts to apple salad and apple cider milkshakes. It's imperative to go on an empty stomach. The kids had a blast, we fed the fish and pet the ponies, and rolled down a super big hill.

Part II: My amazing husband watched the kids while I went to my fav restaurant Ruby's to have some scrumptious salad with my sissy and Jaime. We topped off dinner with a very peaceful trip to Ross. Yes, maybe I made some unecessary purshcases that I wasn't planning, but it was fun!!


Tonight I have a surprise date with Jason which I'm totally excited for. I'm hard to surprise so we'll see how he does. Stay tuned for parts 3-7 :)

6 comments:

Brooke Shreeve said...

Happy Birthday to you. I love Birthday weeks. Even though we have not called it that officially, it just tends to happen that way and I don't think anyone complains.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to you! I'm thinkin I'll have to follow your b-day week trend..hey, why not even b-day month? We deserve it. One last year before the 30's ahh--!

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday Stacy!!!

AmyK said...

Happy Birthday Stacy!!! I think birthday weeks are essential!! I am glad you are having such a great week. Much love, A

Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I'm totally with you on the birthday week... I love them. Hope you had a wonderful day!!!

Erin H said...

Love Birthday Weeks!

Happy Birthday to you - I can't believe you are only 29!!!