3.25.2008

A Recap of All the Fun




This was definitely the best year of Easter for us. Andrew was able to hunt for eggs this year because it wasn't some pointless clean up game where we were picking up stuff he didn't play with, but this year, he knew exactly what was inside of them. In fact he had his fair share of eggs the first 30 seconds of the hunt. Andrew and I also had some fun marinating our eggs. They didn't seem to hold the color unless they marinated in the dye for at least a few hours.
Andrew did however, thoroughly enjoy stirring the eggs and saying, "what's that." A question I know now to be the most annoying and redundant question possible. I know that sounds mean, but he mostly asks what things are when he already knows the answer. Yikes, I need some more patience.

Sunday I decided to brave the last hour of church. It went well if you consider sitting in the pew for twenty seconds followed by loud screaming, followed by a trip to the nursing mother's room only to miss the sacrament being passed, the very reason I went in the first place, well.

We made a really great dunch and stuffed our faces full. The rest of the day was filled with the following;

Leah fussing a lot, eating a bit, and sleeping an even littler bit.



Jason flying his airplane, "Just a little longer," all day long. :)


Andrew carrying around his eggs trying my patience with his wonderful questions.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy these times. Kids grow up so fast. Just think, in a few years, you can pay your kids back and try their patience. I am speaking from experience of course. :)

Jenny Kapp said...

I hate the "What's that?" They only ask to see if you will actually go crazy like you told them you would if they asked that one more time! Cute babe! I am glad I got to see her on Sunday!

Shupes said...

I should have sent the sacrament boys into the mothers room for you - sorry :)

Erin H said...

oops that was me, not shupes

Brooke Shreeve said...

Sounds like a great day and weekend!! My favorite is after they ask "what's that". Its, what is it for? How is it made? Carson would not accept, "just because" as an answer. How is a microwave made anyway???????

Nicole said...

Ben would love to have a airplane like that. I don't know how you fly something like that in South Weber though.

Sara said...

My favorite is "Why mama, why?" incessantly. You can always answer "what's this" with "what do you think it is?" (that usually gets Eli to stop asking, unless he shouts "JUST TELL ME, MAMA!" at which point, I give in, and tell him).