2.29.2008

Who Are You, and What Did You Do With My Son??


So Andrew has never been one of those children who eats. There is never a meal that passes without whining, time out threats, and some alluring treat placed before my son. His 1 year old cousin Jordyn can out eat him at any meal with very little effort. It takes some considerable bribery to get him to eat even just a bite. After the week here with my Mom she decided he only seems to need to eat once a week. In fact today, I got him to eat by giving him a pepperochini in between each bite. Strange, I know, but it worked. Well low and behold tonight he ate an entire serving. Not only did he eat it, but he ate it over the course of 10 minutes, as opposed to the normal 3 hour struggle per meal. So this means one of three things; 1. Sara, you're going to have to bring us dinner for the rest of our lives :) 2. He's turning over a new leaf and my son is now going to eat like a normal child, or 3. This is a dream and I'll awake to my sweet precious non-eater of a child.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oddly enough, Eli ate a whole plateful without argument, too. Personally, I thought it could have used more spices, but hey, whenever both kids will eat without a fuss, I'll take it. Hopefully you and Jason could stomach it, too.

Erin H said...

OK, I'm going to need some of that dinner. Sara, will you include that recipe in your list. I need Isaac to eat something other than PB&J, eggs, and pasta. It must be a 2 year old thing.