So yes, I totally realize that newborns have really weird sleeping schedules and are always a bit backwards at first. Today Leah spent most of the day in a 'coma-like state' sleeping like you wouldn't believe. There wasn't a loud noisy brother, a tickle, or moving her around that would stir her. She'd wake up just enough to eat and then fall fast asleep again in seconds. So here I am seeing her eyes open for what seems like the first time today thinking how I can picture it now, what the night ahead will be like. I suppose sleep is overrated anyway right? It's a good thing that she is so stinkin' cute.
11 comments:
I remember thinking the same thing at night with my girls. I used to get all stressed out before bed, but you totally have to take the "oh well" attitude! Good luck.
Just be thankful that we live in this day and age where there are many things to keep us entertained at night. Thankgoodness for the internet and DVR's cause I think we can all agree that late night t.v. is not entertainment.
Oh, the all nighters! Good luck with that - I don't envy you one bit. But isn't it funny how mom's are just able to automatically adjust to no sleep and still function at a somewhat normal level?
Did you try stripping her down to just about nothing to wake her up? That was a tip someone gave me. Plus, just because her nights and days are goofed up doesn't mean you can't sleep at night if she's awake (so long as she's content). I know, I'm lazy. I hope you got some sleep.
hey! Leah is beautiful!!! and i love the name! so cute, and the middle name is perfect too! good job you two, i am proud that you have such adorable children!! I am not one to do well on sleepless nights...i need my sleep! i did babywise with ruby and liam (and liam we never had to let him cry himself to sleep cuz he takes a binky so well) but he was sleeping thru the night by 6 weeks !! yeah, and only because we followed the day schedule...SO worth it for me! when things settle a bit we need to come see you , bring you dinner or have you here for dinner whatevers' easier.
Don't worry she'll adjust they all do, just try to get Andrew down for a nap during the day so you can rest and if worst comes to worse you can wake her during the day it will take sometime but it can happen, strip her down to her diaper and rub her back with a slightly damp washcloth that will wake her up....worked on my kids, they didn't like it of course but hey everyone needs their sleep :)
Fun time! Good luck with that!!!
I'm glad to see you are doing well. Okay with little sleep, just think soon she will be sleeping through the night.
I'm just making the rounds and wanted to say that I am very disappointed in you and your blogger gang. Shouldn't you all be doing something useful with your time like listening to Dr. Laura, reading scriptures and painting your nails pink?
Anyway, your baby is like the 2nd cutest newborn I have seen born this month.
Ahhh, sleepless nights with a newborn! Been there--done that. Hang in there!!! If you can somehow talk your little guy into a nap or quietly watching a movie, you 'might' be able to sneak a few naps into your day!!
i ordered my (used) "babywise" book on amazon for like a couple bucks...or you could find it new or used at book stores or DI. but it is so worth it , even if you don't follow everything in the book like the "letting them cry themselves to sleep" part...just keep leah awake after you feed her and then put her down for nap...etc..the trick is, if it's been longer than 3 hours (during the day) since she last ate; wake her and feed her again...(it's easier after their two weeks old or so) then she gets used to being more awake during the day (forced or not) and they will eventually just want to sleep all thru the night....we leave for cali tomorrow , but will get in touch soon...
Post a Comment