2.29.2008

Just for You Grams


So my Mom brought me this bag of clothes from my Grandma that was labeled for 'Stacy's Little Girl.' My sweet Grandma passed away 2 years ago this month. Andrew was so tiny when she left us. She had no clue that I had any plans for more children, much less a little girl. In the bag were some hand crocheted sweaters, shawls, and hats. She included a sweater that was worn by both my mom and her sister. I put my little Leah girl in the sweater and it fit her perfectly. I had to take a picture to honor Grandma who shares a middle name with Leah. I love my Grams and miss her terribly, but I love that she left special things that allow me to still feel close to her.

8 comments:

Erin H said...

That's so neat! That is what my g'ma would say. To her, everything is neat! I love to treasure things like that. I have many dish soap bottle aprons, hand stiched potato sacks and poems that my g'ma has made and written. G'ma's are such good examples to us in this day in age.

jaclyn said...

that sweater is darling! cutest colors! wish i could crochet! cute girl & nice bow placement :)

Amy said...

That us so awesome- what a great story!

Amy said...

I mean- that IS so awesome- man I need to proof read.

Tiffany & Co. said...

Wow, could she get any cuter? How sweet of your grandma...that sweater is adorable. She just looks so peaceful.

Aleesha said...

She is so dang cute! I also love that your grandma left you those clothes. I am a big fan of sentimental items and heirlooms.

Nicole said...

I wish I had something like that from my grandma. Both grandparents on both sides died before I had children.

Melissa Cheney said...

How sweet is that story?!?! I absolutely love things that tie generations together--clothing, stories, memorabilia. How wonderful to know that your grandmother got to know your sweet little girl in heaven and send her down to you!