2.12.2008

The Real 80's vs. the 80's Revisited


So this was my 7th grade picture. Note the sweet wave in my feathered bangs and the large scrunchie. If it were a full length photo, you would also be able to appreciate my pegged pants.




Later on into the 90's some friends and I found it necessary to dress up for a dance. We were the only ones who fully embraced the theme. Were we embarrassed? Heck no, we strolled in there like it was Footloose and we rocked the night away in our leotards and leggings. If I recall it correctly, I didn't have to go shopping to get any piece of my outfit.

P.S. I just realized that I sort of look like those guys in Nicole's email, but I assure you my tan is not from a bottle. I taught swim lessons 8 hours a day. Believe it or not I would cake on the sunscreen.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I think your skin only looks like that because of the turquoise makeup. That whole get up is awesome though. I am so glad I wasn't in high school during the 80's.

Erin H said...

Nice flash back! Weren't the 80's great. I had the biggest poofiest hair out of anyone. I love Footloose, don't you?

Unknown said...

I think that shirt was even a hand me down from me!! You are so funny.

The Griffins said...

Man I LOVE this picture! You left out one major detail about the dance we went to dressed like that though... it ended up being for the "30's and older" group and we just waltzed in there without batting an eye on a slow dance. Seriuosly, how cool are we? And how AMAZING do Amanda's boobs look?