1. For the most part, brief contact with the floor isn't anything to worry about. In fact, when it comes to catching the latest cold or flu virus, the floor is no riskier than a tabletop or counter. Children's stomach acid protects them against most ingested bacteria.
2. We overbathe children. Bathing to often strips essential oils leading to dry skin problems.
3. One or two days without brushing kids teeth isn't a big deal, but don't go any longer especially if they've eaten a lot of carbs or acidic foods.
4. Cleaning a binkie with your saliva is WORSE than just giving it back. There's cavity causing bacteria on adult teeth that babies don't have.
5. Urine is a clean substance and won't harm the child if you don't use a wipe.
6. Once snot is dried on a sleeve, it can't infect anyone. It's better than wiping it on the counter where someone else might touch it.
6 comments:
I was wondering if you were ever going to post the answers and I have to say that it made me feel alot better since I do alot of those things. I figured I was just building up their resistance to germs.
So many things I never knew. Mike is always saying kids are overly clean these days, which can lead to bigger problems down the road!
Wow I guess I'm not such a bad mom after all. You should have given a prize to the person that got the most right. I would have totally won.
Very interesting. I love learning stuff like that.
my old neighbor bathed her 4 kids every night... i always thought that was crazy! i couldn't imagine doing that every night, it's quite the ordeal at our house
i knew about the bathing- but thanks for the other tips. God made dirt so dirt don't hurt- right?
Post a Comment