2.13.2008

I'm a Whiner

So I'm stumped. This day has been pretty crummy. If you don't want to hear complaining, I'd skip reading this post.

I woke up pretty sleepy and grumpy since my 400 bathroom trips last night didn't allow me to get that otherwise really restful pregnancy sleep that comes with 9 months of pregnancy. Andrew woke up with this lovely tone of 'whine' that drives me absolutely batty. I decided it would be a lazy day and I would just feel sorry for myself. Luckily my neighbor called and rescued me from my self-pity. I got dressed and we headed out for a bit.

On another positive note, I got to see my long lost friend Amanda and her family for a short lunch. It was great until the kids got restless and created an environment conducive to pulling ones hair out. Plus when you miss your closest friends, no amount of time is ever enough time.

I figured that at least I could come home put Andrew down and relax for a bit. But for some crazy reason Andrew has decided that he's 'over' the nap thing. I decided to leave him in his room, figuring he'd eventually go to sleep. An hour later I walk by his room where he had turned on the light and gotten out ever toy imaginable. This is day two of no nap and I'm not loving it. I suppose it wouldn't be the biggest deal in the world if Jason were going to be home at a normal hour to save my sanity.

So I've finally given up and let Andrew out of his room and now we are watching a kids movie. I am half surprised that I'm not more distraught. Maybe it's the lasting satisfaction I got from the crushed ice at lunch. Or maybe it's the the 'blog stalking' I've been doing that's keeping me distracted.

What's funny about this complaining post is that my sister was surprised that I hadn't been whining about the pregnancy like others she has encountered. Truth be told, it's been a great pregnancy and I really haven't felt the need to vent. I suppose maybe I can blame my annoying behavior on this lovely white out storm we are having. I miss the sunshine already.

If anyone has any good movies I can watch for the next couple of days, please let me know.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a good one sister. I should be writing one of those to as I have had the flu for two days with 102 temp. Trenton gave it to me!! Lame...I haven't been to work or school or rehearsal in two days!

jaclyn said...

i feel for you... i plan my whole day around cade's nap!! i just need those few hours to myself and i really don't think thats asking much!

Michelle said...

That wasn't that bad of a complaint. Considering the circumstances, I think you are doing very good. When Matt has a long day at work, I'm not a very happy girl, so don't even worry. You do what you got to do to survive this tail end of pregnancy. I'll call you tomorrow and list off the movies we have. You should totally call the Romney's. I swear they have every movie possible!

Jenny Kapp said...

I am sorry you had a bad day too!! Tessa will quit napping for a couple of days and then crash for a few. I still put her in her room for "nap time" and take the time to relax. Elise still has quiet time each day, during Tessa's nap time, so I can have some time to myself. That is my only sanity. You can make it to the end!!! Go Stacy!!

Sara said...

You know my thoughts on quiet time and nap time-they're more for the mom than for anyone else (even if they do improve the quality of a child's actions for the rest of the day). That being said, I'd also suggest investing in bins that Andrew can't open so you're not stuck cleaning up after him.

Nicole said...

I have your same experiences alot and I whine much more and I'm not even pregnant. One of my favorite new movies is Stardust it was a big surprise so if you haven't seen it I can bring it over to you tomorrow and Michelles right we do have almost every movie imaginable so if you want to borrow any you are more than welcome to if it will keep you mind off the pregnany. Just let me know.

Erin H said...

Quiet time shouldn't be negotiable - if he doesn't want to sleep, OK, but still quiet time (at least for mom)!

The Zick's said...

Hey Stacy. Are you up. I am on my way home from work and I can bring you some of the good ice!!! :<)

Tiffany & Co. said...

At 9 months pregnant, it's perfectly acceptable to whine. In fact, I don't think you should have to do anything for that entire last month but sleep, get pedicures, ice cream in bed and lots of TV! That's what I would try to get away with :) But oh ya, then there's Andrew?! You're in the single day digits now. Any contractions yet?