2.20.2008

Does That Really Say "2 Days"????


These two pictures were taken within 10 minutes of each other. Funny Huh????


So of course in these last few days of having one child even though I've been told to rest and take it easy cause life won't ever be the same. But really I have just been sad. I feel like it's mean to have another kid. Andrew is so great and has taught me so much about simplicity and happiness. It's been so nice to focus all my efforts and energy towards him. Although I am so excited for him to have a sister soon, I still feel sad. I just hope that she is as great as he is.

It definitely makes me feel better to know that my Mom will be here to give him all the love and attention he needs while I'm a bit less able to. I've never seen such a loving grandmother. She always says that she gives Andrew extra hugs and kisses from Marty (jason's mommy).

I swear this pregnancy has been bearable because of the good boy that he is. He is independent and so fun. He doesn't even care that I can't carry him around and he has been minding so well. I just feel so lucky to have him.

So here's to Andrew my special boy!!! I love you bud!!

9 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

Don't worry, he'll be ok. He is getting old enough that soon he won't want all of your attention. Also, just like the love in your heart grows to fit how many children you have, the love in Andrew's heart will grow to love a sister. Elise and Tessa are best friends. The love is so strong between them. That is so much fun to see in your children.

Sara said...

You remind me so much of me in so many ways! I was so worried about "ruining" Eli with having another kid and about not being able to love the second one. Obviously (though there are days I wonder) Eli's not ruined and I love Braedy. So, you guys may have some rough days, but it's going to turn out just fine. It is fun to see your kids play together, nicely, even if it's only for 2 minutes.
So, allow yourself to feel sad and "mourn" the loss of having only one kid, for a little bit, and then, Friday, life will change for the better, and you'll all be okay. Andrew included.

Erin H said...

Yes, those feelings are real. I had those with Isaac before I had Grace. There is just something about your first kid - especially after being able to focus on them alone for the past 2 years. It's amazing how much room we have in our hearts, although we might think it full at times, there is always room for another child. You are going to be a happy family of 4 in just a few days.

Unknown said...

2 freakin days...that's all I've got to say my friend.

Nicole said...

I forgot that was a count down for your baby. I thought it was a count down for our blogging marathon. I am really excited for you. Are you nervous at all yet?

The Close's Place said...

I am actually really excited. You might be able to tell by the time ofthis comment.

Amy said...

Are you being induced? About having the second- the more the merrier! It will all be fun. (well it won't ALL be fun) But Your kids will adore each other. I have a gift for you. When is a good time to drop by? Maybe I could bring you dinner after you have her and bring it then. I will call. :) Good luck!!

Aleesha said...

Have you had your baby yet!? I thought I would leave you with something that panicked me, but then turned out okay. It took me a while to feel like Luke was part of our family. Yes, I loved him. But I was so use to just me, Matt, and Isaac, it took me a while to accept him. After I shamingly admitted this to other people I realized others have felt the same too. So don't feel like you're a bad mom if that happens. It passes. And soon it feels as if the new baby has always been a part of the family. Good luck! I can't wait to see her.

Melissa Cheney said...

Hi neighbor!! Jenny Kapp gave me the heads-up on the neighborhood blogs--hope I'm not intruding!!

Just wanted to stop in and wish you the best of luck with the delivery tomorrow! We're so excited for you--new babies are just SO precious!!!

Hopefully I can stop by with some dinner for you guys next week and get a peek at your sweet little girl. Good luck!!!