Summary.....mommy = food. When I go in when he wakes up, he wants food. So poor Jas had to get up once a night for a week or so to rock him because evidently Daddy = sleep. Happy to report we are now sleeping four and five hour stretches. So nice!! Small success, but I'll take it.
Secondly, one of my New year's goals was to get my Utah teaching license transferred to California. I never thought I would want to teach again, but alas, the bug has bitten. Plus it doesn't hurt to be prepared if anything. I have been teaching ESL part, part, part time at Andrew's school. They asked me back this year and are willing to let me work as little as I'd like and still keep my job. It will be nice to have my pinky toe in the door while I still have little ones at home and maybe when Ev is in school in 3 or 4 years, I can go part time and eventually full time. Which means it is time to get in gear to have a California license. Unfortunately there are a lot of hoops to jump through. They make it so difficult to get info and so confusing that I've tried and given up a few times. Today, while Ev was napping, I tackled it again. New avenues, new patience, new hope that this will work. Cross your fingers!!
Lastly, while organizing I found Andrew's Journal he brought home from school.

It says, "Tow days back, I got stun by a bee. It was on November 15. It hert. I was my 2 time. I got stun on mi nee. It was not fun."

"My hous is brown. My hous is big. My hous has a buncbed. I live on a hill. I live with my Dad and mom and siter and Evan. I am Happy!"

"This weekend I had eight froeups(throw ups). It was on saturday night. It wasn't fun."
The best part is the pic with the throw up bowl :)
"Last nite I playd football with my dad. my sistr playd to. my tem wun the game. I likte it.Amazing to see life through the eyes of a 6 year old. When I look at our house, I see endless projects and work to be done. When he looks at it he sees bunk beds and happiness. Almost every journal entry references his dad. Makes my heart smile.
On another not so successful note. My little independent Leah is going to be the death of me. She is wearing out the phrases, "You did it on purpose." "Why?" "NO!" All screamed at the top of her lungs. She refuses to wear pants or jeans or any type of jacket. Sigh......guess I can be happy we live in California.
No comments:
Post a Comment