12.12.2011

Wrap, Wrap..barf, barf...craft, craft...cough, cough.

Tis the season for crafting and the stomach flu.

Last week our house was over run by lots of throw up. It started with Andrew last Saturday, followed by Leah two days later, and Jason two days later. Although I didn't catch the stomach flu, I was run down by the regular lovely flu symptoms through out the week and now I'm fighting this gnarly cough. Thankfully Evan was spared and all of the barfers were good sports when I handed them a barf bucket and left the room ;)

So as we couldn't go anywhere because of all the sickies, We watched nearly all of our movies and I got a lot of homemade gifts finished. I must say that I am enjoying this Christmas season. We are keeping it simple with the kids and family and have everything purchased and wrapped.

We have enjoyed the kids wanting to wrap the gifts that they are giving all on their own.

We've been reading a story a day until Christmas and putting ornaments on our advent tree. We've been enjoying fires and hot apple cider.

Evan is growing so quickly and is almost 4 months old. Darn kid already out grew Leah's baby stroller.

A little extra something for those of you who enjoyed Leah's Autonomy pics :)Andrew has been a real joy, Especially today. last night I was feeling really bad so before bed Jason gave Andrew a to do list for the morning to help me out. there were 10 things on the list from cleaning his room, putting away his clean laundry, to packing his backpack and making himself breakfast. He even had time to bring in wood for the fire and empty the dishwasher. He finished everything by 7:50am and kept sending Leah in to ask "Do you need anything?"
I'm thankful for wonderful kids. It warmed my heart to see how responsible, independent, and caring they can be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1. I wish you were feeling better.
2. I wish you were here so we could craft together, I would love to see what you are creating. Post pics please.
3. I wish Charlotte would turn out as lovely and as well behaved as your kids. Drew sounds like a dream!

Morgan said...

Ohhhhh... you poor barfy family!!!!! How sad to be so sick on Christmas!!!!! :(