Aside from getting used to the hole three kid chaos, I started back at the Elementary school tutoring the same ESL students from last year. It's hard to be away from my little guy but it is well worth my time. I am also teaching Spanish once a week in Andrew's class. My maternity leave has ended for my preschool workday in Leah's co-op. Again, tough to leave, but worth the time.
With such a chaotic start to the month I was super relieved to hear a very inspiring conference. Andrew is taking more interest and it's a lot of fun to talk to him about it. In his prayers Saturday night he said, "Thank you for Jennifer Conference."
The 2nd week of Oct. we had lots of family and friends in town for Evan's baby blessing. We took full advantage and had a picnic at the Quarry and Dinner Date with the adults. Sunday was a tender day.I felt so incredibly supported. I had about 98% of my and Jason's family there. It was really special. Afterwards we had all 25 family members over for homemade lasagna, salad, and garlic bread. Yum....Yum...and Yum!! Jason hates lasagna and could not stop praising this recipe.
We got to play with a special friend from Wyoming and it wasn't near long enough, but we had a blast. I got to enjoy a great walk, delicious lunch, and frozen yogurt with my 2 best friends.
This last weekend, Jason took Andrew along on a backpacking trip with the scouts. Andrew did wonderfully. He carried his own pack, and slept under the stars. Jason said for every mile the group walked, Andrew walked 3, running back and forth. Wow, what would it be like to have that energy.
While the big boys were away, Leah, Evan and I held the fort down. We watched Thumbelina, hung out with Nana, and made a little special bag for Leah to hold her notebooks in.



This week has been nice and mellow. We had a great family night yesterday riding bikes at the park, stopping for a few games of tether ball, and treating ourselves to dinner. Very Fun.
Evan had his two month appointment today and got 5 shots, poor thing. He now weighs a whopping 11 lbs and 5 oz. What a great little eater. He graces me with his hunger 3-5 times a night. Yikes! You should see the bags under my eyes. He's worth it though. He is easy going, doesn't spit up, and puts up with lots of sibling love.


2 comments:
So fun to hear how things are going! It sounds like you are doing well, you are amazing! Cute pictures!!
So glad that things are going so good for you guys! We are coming into town this weekend for Fall Break and will be staying with Amy. I don't know if we are going to go to church with her or the in laws yet, but I would love to see you :)
Post a Comment