7.12.2011

Water, Glorious Water


1984

As long as I've been alive, I've spent ever summer in water. Whether it be a swimming pool or a lake. I took Andrew swimming for the 1st time at like 2 months old :) I wanted to be sure my kids loved the water as much as I do. Plus really, It's the only way I know to survive a Sacramento Summer. It was pretty devastating for me when Andrew broke his wrist and couldn't swim with us. I felt so bad for him and tried to butter him up with a few treats.


He is actually not that hard to please.

On top of the broken wrist, our Air Conditioner broke. It took 8 super long, stressful, sweaty, and hot days before it was fixed again. We stayed at Grandpa's for a few days, went to friends' houses to suck up their cold air. We tried to get creative each afternoon by going to the library and out to lunch. Doesn't sound that bad, except my extreme desire to just stay home for a day and get something done. So discouraging!!

We finally got a cast on Andrew and bought this waterproof cover so he could swim. It's super tight and you have to use this bulb to suck the air out. He can only wear it for 30 minutes at a time. You know blood circulation and all :) He got to go tubing and knee boarding (as he calls it)

We went to Lake Oroville this weekend and to Folsom yesterday. Andrew's gigantic smile is back. And to tell you the truth, my smile is back just knowing that he can enjoy the next month while he has his cast on. He'll get the cast off 3 days before his 6th birthday and 7 days before school starts.

Leah is becoming quite the little fishy. I've been teaching private swim lessons for some friends and she wanted to have her own little swim lesson. She's so brave. Swimming, diving board, and tubing out on the lake. My little 3 year old mermaid.



I've got 6 weeks to go with the little one. Feeling pretty good and able to be active. Still sleeping okayish, bending over is totally out, but other than that, things are pretty good.

No comments: