6.28.2011

Andrew Close vs. Monkey Bars

What happens on a nice summer day when you have 15 minutes to spare and you are right next to a park?

Well of course you go and play for a bit and then get on with your day.... right?


Not for us today. Andrew is very nimble and can conquer all.....all except for this 7 foot monkey bar thing at this park. (this picture is not the actual park)


He made one pass successfully and his second attempt ended in a fall. I immediately scooped him up and went to pick up Leah from preschool. We headed straight for dad. I figured I'd bring Andrew by since we were so close and Jason would confirm that it was nothing and we'd go home and have ice cream. J took one look at him told me to meet him in the ER. He took the short cut to call in a few favors to expedite our process. A little motrin, an x-ray, and an apple juice and cookie later we learned he had 2 broken bones in his wrist.

He is not as sad as this picture looks. He's just focusing on Curious George.

He was a great sport after the Motrin kicked in. I'm still shaking my head about it all. Neither Jason nor I have ever had a broken bone. Andrew is the 1st in the family and hopefully the last :(

I began to explain that after having the splint on for a week he'll be getting a cast which means our summer of swimming is sadly going to be a bit disrupted. He looked me in the eyes, put his arm around my neck and said, "Don't worry mom, it's going to be okay."

What a sweetie pie. I'm so devastated for him. Cross your fingers for us. I've heard they make water proof casts, so we'll see how that goes.

P.S. More global warming. It's raining today and possibly tomorrow. Maybe it won't be so tragic if no one can swim :)

No comments: