I wish we could have done the same with Marty. We miss her so much and it is always tough to have holidays without her. We visited her grave and left her some beautiful roses from our garden. This is the last picture I have of her and Jason.
We got to spend all day Sunday at home which was so nice considering the busy week we had.
I woke up to a very clean house and enjoyed breakfast in bed. Love and songs. Andrew sang this as he brought in my fruit salad. This is the second take ....It was too cute not to catch on video.
I woke up to a very clean house and enjoyed breakfast in bed. Love and songs. Andrew sang this as he brought in my fruit salad. This is the second take ....It was too cute not to catch on video.
Not sure what Leah is singing in this one, but it's sweet.
I was showered with thoughtful gifts and cards and some more relaxing. I even got a surprise visit from my sister and Jaime. They had driven 5 hours to surprise my mom for mother's day and to celebrate Brittney's (my brother's girlfriend's) birthday.
After church, Jason made me THE best dinner. Chicken enchiladas with green sauce. They were divine. We relaxed and enjoyed each others company, which in my opinion is the way Mother's Day is meant to be.
I am so grateful for Jason. Especially the way he helped the kids to love and honor me. I love being a mother. It is every bit as great and rewarding as it is challenging. My day of "mother duties" rest allowed me to just enjoy the sweet and simple moments I can have with them. My own mother is a wonderful blessing in my life as well as in my kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment