5.07.2011

So Stinkin' Tired

Yesterday was a busy day with a field trip with Andrew's Kindergarten class for me. Shopping for the food for the Father/Son campout for Jason. Topped off with a 7pm t-ball game and off to our respective fun for the night. Campout for the boys, and a late movie night and food for Leah and I with the young women.

So after about and hour at the yw party another yw shows up and says that there are cops all over and a helicopter with a spotlight over her house. This is about 2 miles from our party. Apparently there was an "armed suspect on foot who had evaded the police at a traffic stop" or at least that is what they said over a loud speaker. About an hour after that I decided to go the long way home and trick myself into falling asleep.

I am seriously a fraidy cat. I live a good inconvenient 6 or 7 miles from the location of the incident. Like the crazy was going to show up at my house. But just to be sure I locked up tight, turned on all the lights, and made Leah sleep with me. I watched the news and searched the internet desperate for some more info. NOTHING!!

That's the part that was most frustrating. I could see the helicopter from my deck and knew that they were still looking. So by 12:30am. I don't think I can hear the helicopter anymore so I try to sleep. Yeah, I'll save you further details by saying that I was up every hour just double checking things and thinking of ways that I was going to protect me and Leah if this said "armed suspect" hiked up to my house and broke in. How come I can't be rational and just sleep at times like this?

I'm up this morning and frustrated that I let my fears dictate my night of sleep. I have been watching the news and searching again, only to hear a 10 second blurp about how there was a traffic stop and the man tried to evade the cop after crashing. They called him a parolee and never mentioned anything about him being armed. They never found him but eventually called off the search.

Boo!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I NEVER sleep well when Mike is gone even if there isn't an armed suspect in the area. I hate it. I don't understand why I can't just think rationally and be at peace. I'm so sorry to hear about your crazy, long night. If it makes you feel any better your fears were completely justified and know I would have been awake right there with you all night if I could have been.

Jeni said...

OH MY! I would be SOOO freaked too if I was you. You are completely normal- plus you're pregnant so it amplifies everything by 1,000 or so. :)

I saw on the news the other night that a newborn baby was snatched from her bassinet in the East Bay and now I'm FREAKED that someone is going to come and take Asher in the night. I've been getting up every 2 hours or so to make sure he is still in his bassinet. We are all crazy but normal women!