I am still a beginner but it is so much fun to watch the plants grow and devour the deliciousness it makes. I love sharing surplus and finding ways to can and store the rest.
Last year I had to compete with the wildlife (deer, gopher, gigantic spider, and super fat ugly worms) I am sure that this year won't be any different but I am hoping to defeat them.
We got our seed starter all ready and planted a little of everything. I love doing it with the kids all the while saving lots of money. I am still using some of last summers seeds which cost $1 compared to the $4 for 1 mature plant I would have to buy in a month.
within days we are seeing lots of growth.
Excited for our dill, basil, zucchini, tomatoes, bellpeppers, jalepenos, banana peppers, green onions, cucumbers, honeydew, beets, pumpkins, watermelons, sunflowers, lettuce, strawberries, peas, and cilantro.
The rosemary and onions I bought big cause we use lots of rosemary for cooking and its my first time trying onions.
What do you plant in your garden?
Any tips on deterring deer or gophers?
Here are some fun pics of last year's garden in its splendor. Yes I know I should have thinned out EVERYTHING, but I am my mother's daughter and it's really hard to waste (a.k.a. thin out my plants). Lesson learned I will do better this year.


2 comments:
We need to get ours started. It snowed yesterday but we can do our peas and carrots and some indoor starts. It seems like the ones we start from seeds start out smaller but always do a lot better than buying the bigger plants later. No advice on deer. They suck. We do beans onions peppers carrots peas tomatoes cucumbers pumpkins cilantro dill gourds are fun too.
So fun! Did most of the seeds come up when you started them indoors? I will have to try that next year. I have a feeling I should've gotten a head start!
Post a Comment