1.25.2011

M.I.A.

Top ten reasons why I have been Missing in Action in the blog world.

10. The holidays wore me out. I got so used to being busy and never sitting down at my desk for long enough to blog anything.

9. It seems no one else is blogging anymore. A lot of the original people on my blog list have abandoned blogging all together. Sad.

8. I read this article about blogging. I found my self questioning why I blog. Do I do it to record events of my life and to share them with family and friends who are interested? Or is there another reason I do it?
After reading so many other blogs I started to compare myself. Definitely not as crafty as one or as fabulous as another. Then snapping back into reality I recognize how delusional that all sounds and that's not why I started blogging but somehow every once in a while I morph back into thinking that I need to be accepted by others through my blog.

The author of the article writes, "Blogs have always been a way to mediate and prettify your own life; you'd be a fool to compare your real self to someone else's carefully arranged surface self."
So of course I feel ridiculous about my previous confessions. I am who I am. My blog is what it is.

I read a greeting card once that said, "15 years ago you were livid when someone read your diary, now you are insulted when no one comments on your blog."

How silly I am to allow what others may or may not think to define me or make me feel a certain way.

7. My 7th reason for not blogging is that I have been super tired lately.

6. I have also been picky about my food.

5. I have been gaining weight.

4. I have been peeing 5 times a night.

3. I have been nauseous for a month straight

2. I have been on my couch for the last month in my robe.

1. I have been MIA from blogging because I'm growing a baby in my tummy and I am extremely sick and miserable. I am feeling better little by little thanks to all the meds that are keeping me intact. I'm trying to stay positive I know there are many who don't have the ability to get pregnant for one reason or another and I should be grateful. It is still very difficult to be very sick for such a long period of time. Jason has been so supportive and is really picking up all of the slack. My kids have been understanding and very helpful. Lucky for me, I live close to my mom and she has saved me from many days I thought were impossible to get through.

9 comments:

J. Elle said...

Congratulations!!! Sorry you are sick. Morning (or all-day sickness) is the worst.

Jeni said...

STACY!!!! I may not blog much- but I do read other blogs. Sometimes I feel stupid putting everything that I've done on my blog... in a way I feel fake.

Enough about blogs though-- YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!! HOLY CONGRATS!!! So so so so excited and happy for you! How great and what a blessing that your mom is close to help out. Are you announcing a due date? Are you still in the first trimester??

1,000 CONGRATS FROM ME IN SAN JOSE!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats! This is so exciting. I hope you get past the worst of it soon.

ps--I read that same article about blogging. Insightful, for sure. Whenever I read your blog it just shines who you are. And then i kick myself for never getting together with you while I lived close :)

Sara said...

Welcome to the dark side...three kids sure makes life interesting! But honestly, congratulations! I was sick literally my whole pregnancy with Owen, so I hope your sickness goes away soon. It's hard enough to feel like a good wife and mother when you're not sick from pregnancy, so I'm glad you have Jason's and your mom's support. All the best to you guys!

Sara said...

Welcome to the dark side...three kids sure makes life interesting! But honestly, congratulations! I was sick literally my whole pregnancy with Owen, so I hope your sickness goes away soon. It's hard enough to feel like a good wife and mother when you're not sick from pregnancy, so I'm glad you have Jason's and your mom's support. All the best to you guys!

Brooke Shreeve said...

Congrats!! Way excited for you and your family. I still check in on you, to see how you're doing, so you have to continue your blog. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Amanda said...

Ummm congrats! We who cannot get preggo are very happy for you and still think you can complain about being so sick. Being nauseated and sick is the worst ever. I'm glad you have drugs, and hope they work wonders for you! Big loves from us!

jaclyn said...

i'm glad your still blogging! it's fun to keep up with you! congrats on new babe.

Tiffany & Co. said...

Stace, I still read your blog. I think it's a great way to stay in touch. I do it so I can remember what I actually do in life (darn that short term memory failure!). Anyway, congrats on the pregnancy, you guys make beautiful babies!