12.07.2009

You Was Wrong

Andrew woke up yesterday morning so excited that it had snowed here at our house. I wish the stinkin video would load so you could hear the pride in his voice when he said, "Mom, you said it doesn't snow at our house in California, but you was wrong!!!"

So after spending the last 9 years in Utah and enduring the brutal winters I thought I had escaped the windy chill and unplowed roads once and for all. I thought if I ever missed the snow I could drive 45min to the mountains and enjoy.
But this is what my poor eyes saw upon waking up at 6:30 this morning.
Oh dear, the snow has found me a top my very steep driveway.
this is what we could see out our skylight

The pups took one look and decided to crawl back into bed.
Yes I know for my friends in Utah this is weak sauce, but please understand that this never happens here.
Once the kids had eaten we ventured out for a bit. And when I say a bit, I mean, like 5 minutes. All fun and games until their hands get cold. What's with kids and gloves anyway?

4 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

We have no snow here - maybe all those bad winters was because you lived here!!!

Kendra said...

Unreal! i can't think of a year were it ever snowed in Sac. that's crazy! be happy you guys aren't here, we got 8 inches last night. :( at least it makes it feel more like christmas :)

Unknown said...

I have lived in Utah all my life and I still hate snow. You got ripped off with the snow in California my friend.

Coming to Utah anytime soon?

Yeah I have a weird pointy belly right? What is up with that?

The Zick's said...

Serves you right for leaving!!!!