This was the counter I spent my life sitting at. We weren't supposed to sit in the chair closest to the wall cause that was Grandpa's chair. I did it anyway. It was the only place that you could play with all the stuff on the wall. The little book case with the pretend books that you could open and smell the stinky perfumes that were not liquid. They were like lip gloss but perfume. And that black ball thing on the end of a handle. Does anyone know what that is? I'll bet no one can figure it out.
My favorite part is the sign on the door that says 'kitchen', just in case, you know, some one got lost. Next to the door with the silly sign is the cookie jar. It didn't hold the most delicious cookies, but it held the cookies that grandma bought and put in there, and that made them delicious.
In that same kitchen I rolled coins and took them to a bank account that was just for me and my siblings. my whole life I think we go up to $100. Whoopee!
Black licorice, jelly beans, coke, 7-up. Goolash, birthday cake stand that made music and spun, funny plants and figurines.
I miss my grandma millie, who has now been gone for way too long.
All I can say is that I'm glad I know what I know.
2 comments:
I have the same kind of memories about my grandma too! I still have my grandma's powder case so when I miss her, I can still smell her!
Aww....sister how special!! I love hearing that your memories match mine. I love to think about that house because we grew up there more than any house we lived in!! I miss her too.... thank you for sharing. I love you.
Post a Comment