Last Year Today:
Leah was a bald Buddha baby. I can't believe how quickly things change. She is talking and coming into her own personality. Seems crazy that she'll be 2 years old in 2 months. Now her hair resembles Hulk Hogan but I love her.....mullet and all.
Last Year Today: I had brown hair. I was visiting Ut. I miss my friends so much. Even though I was so yearning to be here in my home town near my family, I still long to have my friends. I had a friend for all occasions. A friend to walk or run with, a friend to kill the afternoon with, a friend to show up in my pajamas with, a friend to help me, a friend to sit on the front stoop with. It is tough to figure out how to make friends like that here. I know it will take time. So I'll stop boo hooing.
Today also marks the day of my Grandma and Grandpa's birthdays. Oh how I miss them terribly.
But today, I was woken up at 5:30 am to a crying boy who's cough was getting worse and was feeling really crummy. He climbed in my bed since their was a vacant space (as dad had already left for work). I noticed that he was breathing really shallow and really fast. I tried to get him to control it and calm down. A bit later I called J at work. He had me count his breaths and check for some fancy term regarding how much he was straining to breathe. I counted 50 breaths in 60 seconds. It should have been around 30. I think my own breathing stopped when he told me to have my mom come get Leah right away and to bring Drew in.
After some meds and a breathing treatment and chest x-rays. It was decided that he has Brochiolitis and a bit of the Croup. Ummm??? I'm confused since he was coughing for like a day. Crazy!! Andrew just doesn't slow much when he feels bad. He was in good spirits and so aggreeable. He won over all the nurses and doctors.We spent 3 hours at the ER and even had a room ready for us when we got there. Not a bad perk, though hopefully we won't ever need it again. I'm so glad I have a cool, level headed hubby who helped me feel collected through a scary morning. And a mom who would come running any hour of the night or day to help me out.



3 comments:
I'm glad everything is okay. Kids are so much stronger than us, it is amazing.
I hate going to the ER - it is so scary! We did the same thing Saturday night with Elise. I was stressed to the max - she thought it was kind of fun! Glad you are alright. Lea is sure getting cute, mullet and all!
We went through a similar ER visit with a month ago with Isaac - I think he is still traumatized by the whole experience. But thank goodness for family who will meet you at 4 in the morning to take the sister. I hope he is feeling better.
Post a Comment