11.22.2009

Recovery

Well, when the nurse told me that kids bounce back fast. I didn't realize that she meant THIS fast. I swear that I needed the recovery time. I fell asleep at 8:30 the night of Leah's surgery. I was exhausted with all that built up anxiety.

So Day 1 of recovery was met with immense swelling and some bruising. If my eye was swollen shut, I think I would be a bit irritated. But Leah went on with her day like nothing.

Day 2 was still a bit swollen and LOTS of bruising. She looked like she had 3 different dark colors of eye shadow on.

Day 3 has come with some of the bruising turning yellow and most of the swelling is gone. As we have taken her into public, I'm realizing that it just looks like she had a bad accident. either way, lots of staring going on.



Otherwise It's been pretty normal around here. The bandage will stay on as long as it stays on..... They glued the strips on to protect the dissolvable stitches. So it could be a week or so until it starts to peel. I am anxious to see how big the scar will be.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I call no more hospital visits for you! You've been through the ringer this year with how many times you've had to go to the hospital!

I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful! Will you see your hubby this weekend?

Tiffany & Co. said...

I hope her eye heals quickly. She's quite the trooper! And she's grown up so fast! Both your kids!

AmyK said...

I am so glad she is doing so well. It is so hard to watch your little one go under. I had to do it when Noah got tubes so I can relate. I miss you.