10.20.2009

The Halloweens of Yesteryear



We are a family that appreciates a good Halloween costume.... well truthfully, maybe it's just me, But everyone complies nicely :)
Going through my pictures I found our costumes for the last 4 years.

Andrew was 2 months old when we enjoyed our first family-themed costume. Can you guess what we were?


Maybe because I made them or maybe its because we were low budget that you can't tell...
We were dressed as The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (3 of the 4 at least) I couldn't post a pic of J cause I sense that he would use his ninja turtle nun chuck on me if I did.
I do believe we bear a striking resemblance.

The following year we actually had somewhere to go in our costumes besides the ward party. We went to a neighbors Halloween party. Once again a family theme. Course I got my idea from a hand-me-down costume so I only had to make mine and Jay's. I wish I had a close up of J. He had his hair slicked back all suave.




The next year was a bust. I don't know what happened. Drew wore a costume I borrowed from a friend. Boooooorrrring!!! I was pregnant and that's a good enough excuse.



Last year I put the kids in costumes that I found the November before for $5 each :)
I dressed up for the trunk or treat at the last minute and when in doubt, go 80's right?


So to make up for my lack of creativity in the last few years I'm going all out this year. I made my whole costume and Drew's as well. I bet you are so curious...... Ok, I'm sure you're not but I'll peak your interest by showing you the fabric I made it from,


I must admit, although a crummy seamstress, I really enjoy creating these outfits from nothing.
I'm excited for our Halloween plans with my family.

4 comments:

The Losee's said...

How long do I have to wait to see the costume? I'm so excited! I love Halloween!!
Hey isn't it getting time to have your hair done again? I'm ready for another visit.

Anonymous said...

Promise to post a picture right after... The suspense is killing me!

Brooke Shreeve said...

That last post was from me but I'm not sure what the web address came from... way to odd.

Unknown said...

You guys have had great Halloween costumes. We have no parties this year and I'm so bummed. I really want to dress up but I don't have anything to dress up for! I can't wait to see what you end up doing for Andrew's costume.