8.31.2009

A 'Camping We Will Go...again :)

My bravest move yet this summer was taking my two children sans a hubbie and venturing out to the wilderness to camp. My Sis and Jame had a campsite reserved in the Eldorado National Park, which is about an hour and a 1/2 from my house. What a wonderful time!!

So along with funny pics I give you the top ten reasons to camp;

10. Quality time with Family: Seriously there is nothing greater than late night chats by the campfire (while listening to the neighbor campers sing :()


9. Quality time with sibling a.k.a. built in best friend


8. Nature is Amazing!! We camped at the ocean last week, this week we tried the mountains. There is nothing more convincing that there is someone greater creating all of this for us to enjoy.


7. Cookin' turkey dogs over the fire and makin' omelets in a ziplock. Camping food is fun.


6. Camping fashion is as follows: Anything goes!! No make-up, no hair brushing, dirty face, dirty clothes!! What ever is accepted, except dirty teeth (we always brush)


5. Hours of entertainment. We hope the campers after us will forgive us. Leah threw every single rock on the beach into the lake. Now there are no more rocks for anyone else to throw. If she didn't throw them far enough the first time, she waded in a foot or two, retrieved them, and threw them again.


4. Free toys and full use of imagination:


3. Camping makes my children happy


2. Silliness and games are always on the schedule


1. Why not take advantage of the last weekend of summer, the beautiful weather, and the great company!!

4 comments:

Aleesha said...

Sheesh, you guys are camping fools! It looks beautiful there. And I can't believe how big Leah is getting!!!

Jenny Kapp said...

I love to camp! All those things and more make it so amazing! My best memories growing up occurred while camping! Good job creating those memories for your little ones!

Unknown said...

Oh I love camping, especially because of the wieners. Your ten reasons were awesome. I'm so proud of you for getting away without Jason! You are brave my friend. I think you are the coolest.

Unknown said...

That is officially my favorite place! Those pictures are so beautiful...even though I took most of them...the background is SO pretty!!