
Is my husband the only one that doesn't like to hear every detail of every story? Or every minute of each activity done each day? Or even all the complaints about annoying things or people in my life? Hmmm......
Truly I don't blame him, it's not that interesting but I can't let it saty in my mind so I must resort to telling my blog every detail of every story, every activity, and every complaint.....
Sorry!!
I suppose you can stop reading, if you want....but I could really use some insight.So...Andrew's preschool...sigh...most kids here do a 3 year old and a 4 year old year of preschool before starting kindergarten. I put Drew in the only affordable preschool that is offered through the district. Since the price is affordable, we have to make up the difference in slave labor. We have to spend 19 hours a month doing pre-approved preschool stuff (trips, projects, class work) That's a lot of time when the hours can only be counted if I don't have Leah with me.....uhhhh!!! So basically this preschool is not meant for people like me with younger children. So I have some how made it work this year. Jason has made many sacrifices for it to work. So most of the year we are doing well. Andrew is progressing and learning a lot so it's worth it. That is until the "Mama Drama" began. We have mother's yelling at other mom's at meetings, people trying to control the teacher, people flaking and not showing up for things, and worst of all one mom called CPS on another mom.
It has become a burden to be there and really so many people have quit and taken their kids some where else. Since it's the district they must cram to full capacity $$$. These new children come in and throw off the already unbalanced balance.
Okay so my dilemna is what to do for next year? Here are my options;
1. Move back to Utah and take him to Trudy's class (just kidding this isn't an option but it is tempting)
2. Sign him up for the same preschool but with a different more experienced teacher. However she does have a reputation of being tough on the kids and really structured. Which may not be a terrible thing for Drew.
3. Pay an arm and a leg more to switch him to a different preschool. And how am I supposed to be sure that they don't have similar problems until it's too late?
As always, I'm sure that I'm over thinking things and just having a "everything annoys me" day. But this has been weighing on my mind for some time now. I need to make a decision by next week so I can make the deposit to reserve his spot.
Thoughts? Solutions?
10 comments:
I say move him... I have NEVER known that many problems within one preschool. The chances of getting a better school seems to be in your favor. :)
As a mom who picked my 4 year old's preschool based solely up on whether it was 2 days vs. 3-4 and looked at essentially nothing else, I'd say switch. 4 year old preschool is more important than 3 year old by far. We did it for socialization for Eli, but as it turns out, he's "behind" in writing "skills" and knowing his numbers...all manageable, but it would have been better to put him somewhere he'd have been more challenged. Plus, you deserve a break. I'm sure there are other places that are inexpensive without the drama...happy looking, though!
Wow, what drama! I guess I'm kind of anti-preschool. I think if it was in the home of a friend who I trusted...like ALI, then I would be for it, but really I think our little ones do best under our feet just being kids. I even prefer 1/2 day kindergarten, because I think it is just too much for the little guys. We only have them for 18 years and then they are gone and it's over. We have play dates with friends, play play dough at the table and read books on the couch. Plus we can go to the park whenever we want. The kids don't get bullied or hear bad words from friends. I don't know, I'm such a pioneer at heart. Don't listen to me, if you love preschool I hope you find one that is a good fit for your family. Good luck! :)
I'm going to go with the first option!! Okay... I would suggest you switch but before you switch you could ask for references so you can talk to parents to better understand the program that you are going to pay an arm and leg for. I think structure is so important to prepare for Kindergarten and it helps the kids along.
Another thing - go visit the other options. Just watch how the kids interact and how the teacher interacts with them also. It is within reason to attend a class for a half hour. With Tessa I knew within a half hour which preschool I didn't like and which was the best solution for her!
I wish you lived closer and we could do and Mom and Me co-op preschool (where the moms switch off teaching). I know you have skills Ms Teacher Stacy--start one on your own! I know that doesn't solve the time problem, but we've loved doing it.
Hey. I swear Britni Nelson is starting her own prescool. I have never know anyone more creative or better with children. She is amazing. I will ask her if she is full.
I know you don't know me well enough to care what I think, but I"m with Maria, who doesn't know me either. Have fun with him at home and do school at home. He'll be gone before you know it and he can get socialized in primary and Sunday School and play days with friends. Take the stress off yourself. That preschool sounds like an asylum anyway.
Post a Comment