I have happy memories of a late night, unplanned play time with my kids last night. So nice to enjoy them. They really are such an innocent joy.
I am thankful to have had the chance to reconnect with a great high school friend. We went running on the trails by the lake. So beautiful, so fun to chat, so out of shape.
I feel resentment for the many strangers who find me in public places and tell me what I should do about Leah's mark. So tacky, so rude, so frustrating. In what way is saying, "Ugh, what happened to her face?" with a disgusted look on person's face, helpful? Or my favorite, "You know, you can get "THOSE THINGS" cut off, right?" I think I need to put it into the universe. Leah is fine, she is not in pain. She is gorgeous inside and out. She is happy and smart and she doesn't need terrible people saying terrible things like that to her. It won't be long before she will start to understand that something is different about her. It makes my heart hurt for her. Don't get me wrong, if someone is curious or wants to talk about it tactfully, I welcome it. I don't mind. It's just the cruelty of the world I feel the need to protect her from.
I am indebted to my computer's ichat. I have been able to stay in close contact with my most treasured friend. Our bi-weekly chats are what keep me going. Never have I known someone who 'gets' me more. We share so many connections. I can't say enough how amazed I am of her life and the experiences that surround her. I've never known a truer friend. sniff sniff
I am in love with my husband who is dedicated to me and his children. Whom despite all the torture I dish out, he is committed to doing what it takes to make sure all is well.
Strong emotions, I know.
What are you today? What brings you strong emotion?
5 comments:
Unfortunately I can understand the unkind words spoken about your child. I have heard way, WAY too much about Tessa. I guess it just is a very good way to teach Elise and Tessa how to talk about life and challenges. It does hurt, especially knowing that Tessa will understand the prejudices. I am thankful for her though, just the way she is! Strong emotions mean strong love. You love!
I am freaked out about being a mother... and worry that my child will not be healthy.
I can't believe people actually say things to you about little Leah. Do they have a brain? Gosh, I think if someone said something to me like 'that can be cut off' I would say something like: 'Well your nose needs work and your thighs could use some lypo but do you see me telling you what to do?'
But you're a much better person than I am! :)
I know you already know this...but i just want to tell you that Leah IS beautiful! I can sympathize with how hard it is to deal with rude and stupid people. I have a 6 year old son who severely stutters. Kids AND adults make fun of him...but believe it or not it is mostly adults who mock, mimmick or poke fun and it makes me irrate! Just this year he has started to realize that people are teasing him. It breaks my heart that this is something he will most likely have to deal with his whole life. I hope there is a time when people will be able to see past the stuttering and see him for the wonderful little boy he is! I, too, just want to protect him. My heart goes out to you and your family...not because there is anything "wrong" with Leah, but because you have to deal with such lame-ass people! :) She is lucky to have such loving and caring parents.
~ Tiffany Washburn
so, um i totally did not copy you with the layout of a black & white family photo and valentines background...did you copy me? ha ha
i like to hear those strong emotions.., it's nice to know what turns your crank- one way or the other...i wanna run around a pretty lake..what the? utah is so dang frigid right now, miss it?! ha ...
What am I today? Tired and nauseated like every other day. UGGG! Leah is beyond cute by the way.
Post a Comment