Well, Jason wouldn't say the same after the 3 1/2 hour car ride home, but we had a great trip to SF. We went down for Leah's check up with Dr. Frieden. After the 2 hour car ride and an additional hour in the waiting room, we had a 5 minute visit with the doc. Nice!! Gotta love the health care. Anyway, Dr. gave us a go ahead to continue weaning Leah off her meds for the next 2 months until she is taking none at all. How exciting!! I hate medicine and I especially hate putting it in my sweet girl's body. So I am totally relieved. Her Hemangioma is flattening out nicely and turning blotchy and a bit gray which suggests that it is done growing. These next two months will really tell. So cross your fingers for us.
Anyway, after the appointment we stopped by to see my favorite Midvale 3rd grade assistant Jeni. So fun, parking was horrendous downtown and she has a limited break so we chatted for 15 minutes on the stinky curb downtown while Jason drove around the block a few times. So funny!! I love reconnecting.
We then went to Pier 39 to be nostalgic with the sourdough bowl and the hat store. We enjoyed part of the Blue Angels airshow and Andrew was especially excited to see the pirate ship. He's obsessed with pirates.
We then decided to take the Golden Gate home, very cool, as it has been forever since we've been on it, but a terrible idea in that it added an hour to our commute home. Yikes!! Not good!!
6 comments:
Glad to hear things are looking up with Leah. Medicines are nasty! I hope the next two months go good.
Good news for Leah and your family. How exciting to be so close to San Fransisco. Just spending a day and seeing all the great stuff.
It was SO GOOD to see you on Friday. I seriously could've just squeezed you to death. Sorry about the stinky city and all of those crazy people...
I am going to come up (or over?) to Sacramento sometime. Maybe I can get the husband to come with, but if not, oh well!
Thanks for stopping by!!!!
I love San Fransisco. You are looking hot in that pink hat.
Loooove the hats! Glad you had fun!
Awww....the hat store. I see Andrew has taken my place but I must admit he looks cuter than I ever did in those silly things. I miss Pier 39!!!
Post a Comment