9.25.2008

My Moments

I love some moments because they simply make me smile in remembering and I wish I could go back for just a few minutes to witness the nerves and excitement and pure joy of love and promise.



There are some moments that I wish I could spend the day for a few more hugs and laughs. (oh and to rock that outfit once again :)



There are moments that create a big sigh knowing that those lives were altered some how because you took part in it.



There are some moments that would be nice to get a taste of that carefree life that was age 5.




Then there are moments in our lives that happen and change us forever.

10 years ago I was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was an amazing day. It took a lot of courage to make such a huge decision on my own. I had never been raised with religion or faith of this nature. My family taught me an unforgettable lesson this day. Although, they maybe wouldn't have chosen this path for me, they supported me. I felt this amazing strength and humility knowing all the love that surrounded me this day. I am a changed woman because of this day. I have found answers to questions that burdened me. I found connection to things that had never seemed whole before. I have come to know that there is a power so much greater than me that loves me and will guide me as I seek. I am coming to understand what it means to sacrifice and make important changes that bring me closer to that Savior that has given me so many opportunities in this life to achieve. Because of this day, I have clarity. I have confidence in the promises given me. I will forever be indebted to those that help me to find what I was looking for and to my family for accepting me for who I am and the choices I make. I am a very blessed individual and I feel that all I was taught by my family prior to this day in addition to all acquired from this day forward, is the very thing that buoys me up. Especially when things seem unbearable or difficult to make sense of. I also know that I have an immense amount of learning to do and am so far from who I want to become. But I find peace in knowing where I'm headed and what I need to do in order to get there. I find great joy in my life, in my kind husband, and my sweet children. In my family (that is now nice and close) and in my golden friends whom I share the deepest of connection.
Remembering is one of the greatest gifts. It allows us to return to that moment and feel it all over again. To see what we have or have not become because of that moment. Amazing!!

8 comments:

Jeni said...

What a beautiful post. I somehow forgot that you are a convert. Wow. How amazing of you to go back and remember this day. You have such strength and clarity! Happy 10 years!

This makes me remember my mission days! Oh to have that clarity again of what really matters in this life. Happy anniversary!

Sarah said...

First of all, I love seeing that picture of brother in law back in the day! Second, I love hearing your testimony. I need to do that more on my own blog. And last, but not least--I love how you rocked the 80's!

Jessica Mason said...

10 years already... WOW! I can't believe how time flies. Thank you for being such a great example. You truly are a rock star of the finest. SO glad that you are able to be back close with your family. Love ya babes!

The Griffins said...

Let me just start by saying that if anyone in that picture needs to go back in time for those outfits, its Travis!! What in the world...

And let me finish by saying- YOU'RE A ROCKSTAR! Happy 10th! I'm just glad I've been a part of the ride!

By the way, thanks for posting that last picture... I'll look at it everyday as motivation to lose some weight! Holy Hannah! Ten years has been good to me!

Michelle said...

That was really neat. You have such a great way of expressing your thoughts!

And yes, you should do another blog challenge. That might just be what I need! :)

Erin H said...

Thanks for sharing such nice memories.

Unknown said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years. It was so great talking to you the other day. You sound so happy. I'm glad you can be with your family in Cali, although we miss you here in Utah.

Nicole said...

I love how you put things. You're words are truely insirational.