



So we had a second little party for Andrew when we got home from our vacation. Having just moved I had no time to really plan an elaborate party for Andrew. So Monday morning I threw together a very modest 'We love you Andrew, Happy Day' party. I know that most of the girls that read my blog are going to be
appalled by my lack of.....'fancy' for Andrew's party. But the truth is, although I'd like to go all out and make everything super 'fancy', in the end he really didn't care. We spent time making his special cake and he got to play with my family. And THAT'S what made him happy. So although only having turned 3, I learned a very valuable lesson from
AJ. I'm sure it's not the 1st or the last.
7 comments:
Hi! Hope you are adjusting to being home. I'm not. I want to be back in Sea Ranch:( Sounds like you are having a good time being close to your mom.
Braedy's birthday is this week, and at this point, I haven't even figured out what kind of cake he'll get. Eli's 3rd birthday celebration at our house entailed a cake without frosting and getting an ABC scrapbook I made for him. So, I guess I'm with you; fancy-shmancy. As long as there's sugar, kids don't care.
So fun! Can't believe that kids actually grow up... craziness! :)
Fancy isn't the goal, fun always is though!! Good job mom!!
FUN FUN - you can never have enough. He'll never know it wasn't fancy - right?
Holy crap I love the music you have on your blog. You're so cool.
What? You mean you didn't spend like 500 bucks on your three year old son's birthday? Although I'm not a mother yet, I'm already so over the super indulgent birthday parties for children who won't even remember them!
Simplicity and your love is all a child needs to be happy....:)
Post a Comment