So, we spent a week with jay's fam on the coast of California near Santa Rosa.
This is a 25 year old tradition that I am absolutely smitten with.
The four hour drive is gorgeous and has the most amazing scenery of;
yummy smelling Eucalyptus trees
vineyards as far as the eye can see
breathtaking redwoods
rivers (well, 1 river to be exact)
bridges going over the river
and ....cows chillin on the cliffs of hwy 1
We spent the week playing with cousins, relaxing on the beach, taking walks on the bluffs and exploring tide pools.
Oh yes, and we celebrated a special boy turning 3!!!!
Such a fun filled week. Loved this trip, thanks so much GC for the amazing time.
8 comments:
i LOVE your new cover picture. It is darling! Hope you have it blown up and framed in your home!
I love that area. Last summer we spent a week at Shelter Cove which is the cutest, little town near the redwoods. It is such a beautiful area and so lovely to drive through! I am glad you went on such a fun trip - I bet it is nice to be back near family!!
Sorry, evidently I was signed in as Chris and not me!
I know you have been way busy but I have to check to see if you watched your moive yet???
What a great tradition! The scenery is gorgeous!
Family traditions are the best, especially in places like that! Glad you're having fun!
I miss you!!!!!!!!!!! We can't believe we missed DrewDrew's big birthday! Can you believe you have a three year old! Holy Smokes!!! When does he start preschool??
Uh I have missed your posts. I'm glad you are blogging again. Your trip looks awesome. Although I miss you here in Utah, I'm so glad you can be in California again with family.
Post a Comment