
I seriously don't even know where to begin. The only reason that I am actually posting right now is because Jay is doing some hard core snoring on the recliner. Poor guy sat down for a second and basically passed out. Who knew that moving could be so dang difficult? I've moved many times but never with kids across a few states. Most of you saw me in rare form the last few days before leaving. So stressful, so tiring, so hot, and so sad. I never imagined that I would be so wiped out.
So Thursday we packed the truck to the brim and then realized that we still had more items to pack...yikes!! We had a hard time deciding what we would do as all of the options would cost MORE moolah. We decided to sleep on it, the only problem being that we had to share a full size air mattress as we slept. This made it hard to sleep, and therefore we found ourselves a bit more full of frustration. Anyway, Friday we spent the day tying up loose ends and saying our goodbyes. Suckiest day by far!! It was so tough to leave behind those who I have come to love so much. So that night I boarded a full plane with my two sleepy children about 1 hour passed AJ's bedtime and 3 hours passed Leah's. I figured we'd get on and they would quickly drift off to sleep. That was of course until they started to taxi and we were number 8 to take off. So as I'm nursing Leah and trying to entertain AJ, I realize that it really was quite warm in that stupid plane, so warm in fact that I was seriously sweating as if I were running. Ummm, I don't want to sweat unless I'm doing something that warrants it. So with sweat dripping down my already claustrophobic, tired, worn down, wounded body I began to wonder if might pass out. I thought well if it starts to happen, should I hand Leah to Andrew or to the stranger that's ignoring me to my left? All I could think was water... please, water. When we finally took off I knew I would get the hydration that I needed.... but wait, that too was delayed because of turbulence. Mmm, it just kept on getting better :( So yeah, the seat belt sign turned off and I was going to get that water, when boom, down reclines the seat in front of me and basically hits me in the forehead and takes out one of my knee caps. Holy cow, I thought "for sure this bozo knows that I have and infant in my arms and a 3 year old psycho child next to me?" If he knew this he surely couldn't torture me any further right? Actually he could cause he kept pushing back into his seat smashing my already numb leg that I couldn't move. I love flying :)
So although crazy frustrating, I'm so glad we flew. My poor spouse endured the crap of all crap on his drive out. Thankfully our bro in law came to the rescue to drive down with him. So for starters the company ensured us that the trailer they gave us would fit our vehicle, wrong... That put them about 2 hrs behind their planned departure. They ensured us that the truck had AC, well it did HAVE an air conditioner, it just didn't work. Lovely!! So Chris and Jay took turns driving the sauna-mobile and probably each lost 15 lbs doing so. They got about half way to Cali when they started having problems with the bike rack that almost flew off while doing 80mph. Even though they didn't lose the bikes, they did leave some memories in the form of dents and scratches on my car. Nice! Chris brought my car to the house and we unloaded the stuff and the bikes then we went to meet the truck at the storage unit which pulled into town at about 8pm and we had less than 2 hours to unload the truck and get it into the unit. So as we are unloading the truck, I start wondering where my phone had gone in all this craziness. I thought I had left it in the car while we were unloading the bikes. I asked Chris if he had seen it and he said, "Oh yeah, the last time I saw it, it was on top of the car........... my reaction was "Oh, blankety blank"
So he had his wife Kelly see if she could find it in the driveway, I was just hoping that it wasn't in a million pieces. So I just kept on unpacking and about 20 minutes later, Chris handed me my phone. He said it was on top of the car where I left it even after he had driven a good windy 6 or 7 miles to the storage unit.
So today we are unpacking and the place is a mess. I wonder how people can move so often. What torture.
We are however glad that we are here. It's so nice to be back where we started from.
I'll be sure to post more positive, less complaining things later with pics.
So Thursday we packed the truck to the brim and then realized that we still had more items to pack...yikes!! We had a hard time deciding what we would do as all of the options would cost MORE moolah. We decided to sleep on it, the only problem being that we had to share a full size air mattress as we slept. This made it hard to sleep, and therefore we found ourselves a bit more full of frustration. Anyway, Friday we spent the day tying up loose ends and saying our goodbyes. Suckiest day by far!! It was so tough to leave behind those who I have come to love so much. So that night I boarded a full plane with my two sleepy children about 1 hour passed AJ's bedtime and 3 hours passed Leah's. I figured we'd get on and they would quickly drift off to sleep. That was of course until they started to taxi and we were number 8 to take off. So as I'm nursing Leah and trying to entertain AJ, I realize that it really was quite warm in that stupid plane, so warm in fact that I was seriously sweating as if I were running. Ummm, I don't want to sweat unless I'm doing something that warrants it. So with sweat dripping down my already claustrophobic, tired, worn down, wounded body I began to wonder if might pass out. I thought well if it starts to happen, should I hand Leah to Andrew or to the stranger that's ignoring me to my left? All I could think was water... please, water. When we finally took off I knew I would get the hydration that I needed.... but wait, that too was delayed because of turbulence. Mmm, it just kept on getting better :( So yeah, the seat belt sign turned off and I was going to get that water, when boom, down reclines the seat in front of me and basically hits me in the forehead and takes out one of my knee caps. Holy cow, I thought "for sure this bozo knows that I have and infant in my arms and a 3 year old psycho child next to me?" If he knew this he surely couldn't torture me any further right? Actually he could cause he kept pushing back into his seat smashing my already numb leg that I couldn't move. I love flying :)
So although crazy frustrating, I'm so glad we flew. My poor spouse endured the crap of all crap on his drive out. Thankfully our bro in law came to the rescue to drive down with him. So for starters the company ensured us that the trailer they gave us would fit our vehicle, wrong... That put them about 2 hrs behind their planned departure. They ensured us that the truck had AC, well it did HAVE an air conditioner, it just didn't work. Lovely!! So Chris and Jay took turns driving the sauna-mobile and probably each lost 15 lbs doing so. They got about half way to Cali when they started having problems with the bike rack that almost flew off while doing 80mph. Even though they didn't lose the bikes, they did leave some memories in the form of dents and scratches on my car. Nice! Chris brought my car to the house and we unloaded the stuff and the bikes then we went to meet the truck at the storage unit which pulled into town at about 8pm and we had less than 2 hours to unload the truck and get it into the unit. So as we are unloading the truck, I start wondering where my phone had gone in all this craziness. I thought I had left it in the car while we were unloading the bikes. I asked Chris if he had seen it and he said, "Oh yeah, the last time I saw it, it was on top of the car........... my reaction was "Oh, blankety blank"
So he had his wife Kelly see if she could find it in the driveway, I was just hoping that it wasn't in a million pieces. So I just kept on unpacking and about 20 minutes later, Chris handed me my phone. He said it was on top of the car where I left it even after he had driven a good windy 6 or 7 miles to the storage unit.
So today we are unpacking and the place is a mess. I wonder how people can move so often. What torture.
We are however glad that we are here. It's so nice to be back where we started from.
I'll be sure to post more positive, less complaining things later with pics.
10 comments:
Why do you think we never want to move again. The first time was torture and gives us nightmare to even think about it. I'm glad that your family made it back okay. Keep in touch
I'm so glad you are there safe and sound! Sounds like it was a lovely trip for you :). You be sure to post often now, and I'll be working on doing better!
I'm glad you made it safely, regardless of the circumstances. Now comes the fun part: what do you do after all of the moving nonsense and chaos is done? It's kind of like the days after Christmas. I hope you get to relax and enjoy your pool!
Man, moving is bad, but you got the worst. I hope all is going better now. Talk to you soon.
Yikes! Sounds like no fun. I"m glad you made is safe and things settle down for you a bit.
MOVING SUCKS! BIG TIME! I can't believe you made it. I'm so happy for you but sad that you are really gone. We will definitely need to have annual trips to see one another.
PS I finished the book and can't wait to talk to you. You know what book I'm talking about.
Glad you made it despite the drips and bumps! Hope things settle a little and you can begin to enjoy your new adventure!
Wow, what an adventure! Would it be normal for things to run smoothly in situations like this?? I am glad to hear that you safely arrived to your far away destination. Keep in touch!
What a trip. I hate moving, and in my married life I've only moved within one city. Blah. Glad you made it there alive and in one piece even if all of your stuff didn't...
Glad you made it despite the hellish journey. I can't imagine flying alone with kids, you are a brave one! I hope you can relax a little in the coming month or so, moving is about the most exhausting thing one can go through. Get a massage when it's all said and done!
Post a Comment