7.22.2008

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow... Well, Most of the Time.

So I had my 1st of many goodbye's last night.

I officially passed the baton as President of the Home Owner's Association. It was a crazy experience filled with crazy individuals :) and although it was incredibly tough I really did love some things about it.
*I loved that it allowed me to get to know so many of my neighbors.
*I loved the opportunities it gave me to overcome difficult situations.
*I appreciate that I have become a different person because of it.
*I loved that I got to work with some really selfless and talented people.

Despite what some may think, I really enjoyed the chance to serve my neighbors and I believe that I have received more than I gave. So although relieved that I no longer will carry the burden of that responsibility, I will miss the teamwork and camaraderie involved in the job.

But what I'll miss more is telling those crazy stories of the "7am snow plow" calls, "10pm fix my sprinkler" calls, or of neighbors chewing me to pieces before spitting me out.
I will probably, be able to live without the Saturdays spent weeding the common areas, hours arguing with the City, daily reading emails about who doesn't like what..... ok, I should probably stop.

So Adios EMHOA, I bid you farewell.

I really should mention Jay. What a support he has been. Watching the kids during meetings, listening to all my complaints, supplying me with endless amounts of Kleenex, and basically doing what I have asked him without hesitation. What a sport.


PS. I did not have the above book, although it probably would have been helpful :)

2 comments:

Brooke Shreeve said...

You did an awesome job and it was great working with you. I'm going to miss bugging you all the time. Only a few more months and I get to say good bye!!

Unknown said...

You were so good to do that with all that you have going on in your life! I'm sure you did a fabulous job.