3.10.2008

Thank Heavens for Family & Great Neighbors


It is most necessary that we say thank you. We are so grateful to our wonderful families for flying out here to support us as we welcomed Leah into the world. My wonderful Father in-law treated us to some great meals and Leah with more than her fair share of new clothes. My Mom was tireless in her efforts to entertain Andrew in every imaginative adventure all the while keeping me hydrated and well supplied with snacks. My Dad, came to do projects and visit, helped set up Andrew's awesome train table. And finally my awesome sister in-law Kristen, was so great to leave her busy life to come and help us adjust to independence.

Above all, I have come to realize what awesome friends and neighbors we have. We had an endless supply of food and are so grateful for peoples kind gestures and generosity. How wonderful it was to not have to worry about what we were going to eat each night.

So now the final adjustment to reality. Everyone has gone home and we are ready for the challenge. Jason has returned to full time work and school and Andrew has returned to his full blown amount of energy. We welcome any and all play dates to diffuse some of that rambunctious boyness and to keep us busy.

So thanks again for your service, your well wishes, and your food! We genuinely appreciate it!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I am on my way sister!! I will be there sooner than you think!! I can't wait. I miss you all and can't wait to meet Ms. Leah!!

Marie said...

Oh, I LOVE finding old friends, and here is Marcy commenting right before me...how fun. If you recall, she caught the bouquet at my wedding reception. CRAZY!

I can relate to your gratefulness, because I am the recipient of such service right now. It makes me realize how many opportunities I have missed to serve my friends. I will definitely be on the lookout for ways to help others, because I have seen what a wonderful blessing it is to me.

Congratulations on your sweet new baby girl Leah. What a cutie!

Unknown said...

Good luck my dear friend to the new adjustment. It was such a treat to see you last week! You are a great mother and I know you can handle anything that comes your way.

Erin H said...

Family and friends ARE wonderful. I couldn't make it through a week with out them!

Unknown said...

I love you guys.
Ben

Erin H said...

Hey, I like the new digs! Yea, a get away with a few friends might be nice - what do you think?

Eileen said...

Oh yes now the adjustment begins....don't worry you will do just fine.

Nicole said...

Hey your welcome. Anytime you need something give me a ring. It is finally starting to warm up so we can get the kids out. One day we should get together and let the kids run amuck in the backyard while we chat. One of the reasons I LOVE SUMMER!

Tiffany & Co. said...

Your new blog design is groovy...quick question, too. Is your stroller and car seat a Peg Perego? I thought it was, if not what is it? I thought your stroller was sweet when we took Andrew for walks...need to be thinking about these things.

Mindy and Marty said...

i love the pic of you all takin a nap on the bed ...how precious!!! yes definitely take advantage of those moments however long they last....and i LOVE the sweater your gma made...that is even more precious...marty's mom knits the kidlets clothes and they are by-far my FAV>>