2.19.2013

A Full Plate

Just recently I realized that its been a long time since I've blogged anything. It really is because my plate has gotten so full. I am really excited about all the opportunities that I've been offered and happy that my life is full.
1. I'm still working as an ESL teacher at Andrew's school twice a week. I volunteer there once a week to teach Spanish to Andrew's class. Next year I'll be in charge of all ESL testing, which will be a new and and daunting challenge.
2. I'm on the board at Leah's co-op preschool and attending class once a week with her. I'm going to be teaching one or possibly two of the classes at Loomis Community Preschool in the Fall.  One of the teachers is pregnant and taking a year off. It will be a lot of fun because Evan will be in the class with me.
3. This fall will be my 4th season on the soccer board. I'm going to try my hand at registrar, probably crazy, but we'll see.
4. I am training for an Olympic distance (1.5k swim 40k bike 10k run) triathlon in the spring. I have come to terms that this is by far my craziest item on my plate. I have had so many set backs already and it's creeping up. I was sick, then sprained my ankle, and now I'm sick again. Boo!! It's hard not to get discouraged but I've decided that I'm doing it to do it, not to win it, or be really fast at it. It's keeping me active and I might surprise myself.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that reads this blog but that's okay. It's more for record.
If I had more time I would probably try to squeeze more in but I'll have to defer them to a later date.

Future endeavors that I hope to pursue are
*Being part of a masters swim team
* coaching Leah's soccer team
* running a half marathon

I feel really blessed that I get to participate in my children's lives at their schools. I get to be active in the sports community as well as pursue my own physical challenges. I am thankful for the support that my husband gives me so that I can do these things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lets meet up in Utah this summer and run a half marathon together! I'm not kidding.

I still read your blog and love it.

You are do busy but with so many great things. You inspire me. You're always doing things to better the world and help others. I need to be more like you.

Love you friend!