When I had Evan last year 10 days after Andrew's birthday, I didn't realize how tough it would be to throw 2 birthday parties back to back. This year, I threw Andrew a birthday bash on his actual birthday and Evan's we celebrated the weekend before because my sister and Jaime were able to make it up from Paso.
Now that is the look of anticipation. I made Ev this awesome carrot cake.
Which he devoured in seconds....Sugar coma already setting in...
On to the second course of green jello and cool whip
As you can see, he hated it.....
Family had a great time spoiling the little man with toys and books. Happy 1st birthday to our Evers!
Andrew's birthday this year was really cool. He got to choose 5 friends to invite to a boating party.
Swimming, exploring, eating, tubing.........
That same evening we had our family over for a Cowboy party per Andrew's request.
This is the cowboy boot cake I made for Andrew. It's a bit ugly but made with lots of love. He didn't care, he's easy to impress.
Favorite part of the day was seeing how genuinely happy he was with his friends and how joy can come from such simple things. 2nd favorite part was when he asked if I would fill up his rootbeer and slide it down the counter to him. What?? So hilarious.
Can't believe he's 7. How is that even possible?







No comments:
Post a Comment