4.14.2012

So I MUST be crazy

Yes it seems to be that time again when after having a baby I realize what crummy shape i'm in (despite all my efforts to stay active) and I set a huge goal that seems quite lofty. And if it counts for anything, this is actually one of my New Year's Resolutions.

I've decided to participate in my first triathalon. It's a sprint (or mini) triathalon which means a 500 yd. swim in Lake Barryessa, an 11 mile bike ride, and a 5k. Sounds doable right? Well I'm hoping so, at least in 6 months from now. I knew better than to tackle this endeavor alone so I recruited 4 or 5 friends to do it with me.

After recovering from my 3rd bout of Mastitis and suffering through 10 days of ear infections, croup, and asthma attacks with the kids, I began my first training day.

Now 12 hours later I'm quite sore but very motivated.

On the fun side, I've also decided to do the Color Run with some of my closest friends. It looks like so much fun. You start out in all white and with each k of the 5k you run, they toss a bunch of colored powder on you.



 It all reminds me of an episode of The Amazing Race I saw where they passed through India where they were celebrating Holi or the Festival of Color
According to Wikipedia:
The main day, Holi, also known as Dhuli in Sanskrit, or Dhulheti, Dhulandi or Dhulendi, is celebrated by people throwing scented powder and perfume at each other. Bonfires are lit on the eve of the festival, also known as Holika Dahan (burning of Holika) or Chhoti Holi (little Holi), after which holika dahan prayers are said and praise is offered.

You have to watch this video, it will totally inspire you to come to Sacramento and let people throw powder in your face :)

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I wish I could come and let people throw colored powder in my face and you know I'm not kidding. That 5k seriously sounds like so much fun. I'm so proud of you friend for working so hard. I think both races will be great experiences for you and I can't wait to hear how they go!!